• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,101 posts in this topic

Hello Fellow War Buffs, :hi:

I am in need of an issue of All-American Men of War #117, the last issue, in as high-end condition as possible.....does anyone have any advice on who I could approach? I thought I would list here first rather than the want to buy thread because you are experts in this field! (thumbs u

Many thanks! :wishluck:

Looks like I've got a raw 8.0 left. I sold my CGC 9.0 on Heritage.

Andy

Your wish for good luck for me was answered Shep! (thumbs u

Hi Andy :hi:

I thought you might be able to answer my call! ;) I'll PM you on this. I would like this issue to go along with this beauty I just picked up :cloud9:

005.jpg[/img]

Dang, that's sweet. I'd give my left nut for that book :frustrated:

Congratulations! You must be thrilled -- that's definitely one of my favorite scuba covers! :applause:

img322.jpg

Great looking books.... I love the sub genres in DC war comics. When we're done this one (I have a few other frogman covers I'll scan later tonight) we should do 'Intense close-ups of Pilots faces' or 'Soldiers in the water being pursued by the enemy' or even the much-vaunted 'We-made-it-but-lo-an-behold-the-enemy-are-right-around-the-corner'. Granted that last one is more of a bronze age phenomenon.

Shep

Me and my son Eric scanned these books - first time he's been digging my silver age (just don't bend 'em!!)

These are probably the first scans I've actually made in about 6 months. Felt goooooooood to get back into my books again.

Thanks, Mick, for starting this off.... frogman books are the bomb.

ssws38-2.jpg