• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

After reading the War Report, I couldn't help wonder if OAAW 83 join Amazing Fantasy 1 as one of the two most sought after SA keys over the next several years?

83's scarcity and its recently corrected status as the 1st app. of the SA's greatest war character creation will draw many collectors and speculators.

This is the 1st DC War book key to "crossover" into the market of the top 20 superhero keys. I would put it right behind Showcase 4 and (for now) 22 in terms of market value making it the number 3 DC key!

Hold onto you 83s.

John

After reading the War Report, I couldn't help wonder if OAAW 83 join Amazing Fantasy 1 as one of the two most sought after SA keys over the next several years?

83's scarcity and its recently corrected status as the 1st app. of the SA's greatest war character creation will draw many collectors and speculators.

This is the 1st DC War book key to "crossover" into the market of the top 20 superhero keys. I would put it right behind Showcase 4 and (for now) 22 in terms of market value making it the number 3 DC key!

Hold onto you 83s.

John

:golfclap: (My 2.5 is currently on ebay :gossip:)

Kudos to Andy and the "war correspondents" who did a tremendous job with this year's OSPG War Report.

(worship) Andy you are the man.

As Mick said, it's all Wild Bill Kelso (Matt Ballesteros). We just added our 2c

Worship Matt. :gossip:

Kudos to Andy and the "war correspondents" who did a tremendous job with this year's OSPG War Report.

Is this online somewhere, or is it a post? (shrug)

It's in this year's Overstreet, in the market reports. There was also one last year, and the inaugural War Report was in the year before last. (thumbs u

Is this online somewhere, or is it a post? (shrug)

It's in this year's Overstreet, in the market reports. There was also one last year, and the inaugural War Report was in the year before last. (thumbs u

Thank you Andy! (thumbs u

Just a quick question for the more experienced folks on this list - - - what is the current market price for a GI Combat #68?

Thanks in advance!

They're all good, but very expensive in 7.0 and up.

Just heard the news about Joe. I'm so saddened to hear of his passing, but that sadness is tempered by the joy he brought (and will continue to bring) to fans everywhere. Especially this one.

Joe was the artist I most identified with for my chosen genre. His bold line, natural sense of storytelling and deep sense of humanity affected me really deeply when I was a boy.

Joe taught me to draw, and while I never became a visual artist, that early interest in visuals and graphic design that I learned at Joe's figurative knee led me to art college, and into my career in advertising. Some of the success that I've had is in part to what I learned from his pages.

Joe was kind enough to let me interview him on a snowy day about 12 years ago. He called me from New Jersey, at my office. My assistant buzzed in and said 'Joe Kubert on the line', and I near about died. He gave me an hour of his time, and a memorable interview about his life and work.

Joe is the artist who drew more formative images that shaped my young mind than anyone.

I'm writing this, and choking back a few tears.

God bless you Joe. Please say hi to Bob, to Ric, to Irv, to Sev, to Jack and to all the rest of them who made our lives great with story.

Shep