• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Thanks Andy,

I'm not a War collector, but I love some of the covers immensely and I used to have a few of these as a kid and loved them back then.

I've got a LONG way to go to catch up with you though. (shrug)

Also picked up a nice OFF #71, super!!!! I seem to like the Jap covers more than the Nazi ones, I don't know why!!!

off71.jpg

Mick,

I've always loved those three books.... for sure GIC #83 and OFF #71 are psychic cousins.

Sweet copies, as always!

Shep

I have always loved this cover. Mostly its the eyes - - wide open, scared to death. And love the two soldiers - -and the dog! But it wasnt til just now that I see Pooch is looking angry and cartoony... look at his eyebrow. I think Id prefer a scared dog, or a quiet worried dog to what looks like a cartoony "lemme at em!" pup.

Edited by aman619

off71.jpg

Mick,

I've always loved those three books.... for sure GIC #83 and OFF #71 are psychic cousins.

Sweet copies, as always!

Shep

I have always loved this cover. Mostly its the eyes - - wide open, scared to death. And love the two soldiers - -and the dog! But it wasnt til just now that I see Pooch is looking angry and cartoony... look at his eyebrow. I think Id prefer a scared dog, or a quiet worried dog to what looks like a cartoony "lemme at em!" pup.

To me, I liked the contrast. Either way, it is an amazing cover. In fact, I think it may be my favorite DC war cover... and that's like choosing your favorite kid!! I may have posted this before... one of my best ebay pickups ever...

7b_3.jpg

To me, I liked the contrast. Either way, it is an amazing cover. In fact, I think it may be my favorite DC war cover... and that's like choosing your favorite kid!! I may have posted this before... one of my best ebay pickups ever...

7b_3.jpg

Shep, did you buy this book graded or raw and get it graded? Suhweet! (worship)

Andy

Hey Andy,

For years, I had a nice happy FN copy of OFF71, and then a 9.2 came up on Heritage three or four years ago (along with a 9.4 GIC #96!) I had to have it.

I bid 5x guide, plus a top up. And I got blown out of the water. I think my final bid was $575.. so with exchange and Heritage's piece, it was looking like a $700 CDN$$ book.

Anyway, I was bummed.

About two weeks later, this one came up on ebay. I guess no one was looking. I snagged it for $100.

Best c-note I ever spent.

Shep