• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Did you guys see this?

Heritage to auction Kubert art

This quote is from the article

“I have no undying love for any of the stuff,” he said during a recent interview at the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art in Dover, N.J., which he founded in 1976 and where he still teaches. “I’m constantly looking toward the next job.”

As a huge fan of his work, it's kind of disheartening that the creator himself doesn't really value it much.

I'm really surprised that he's selling is work.... I had heard he left it to the School, and that it was going to be part of the school's archive

All the same, sure wish I had $30k sitting around so I could buy some great covers!

Shep

Hey Guys, just for the fun of it which cover or splash would you go after and how much do you think it would take? (War covers and splashes only).

I feel out of the 5 War covers US #242 in bring in the most $ ($4000 to $4500) (shrug) the main character is depicted very well on the front. The least $ I think will be the Blitzkireg ($3000) cover.

OAAW #132 chapter 2 splash I think will be the highest $ war splash ($2300). I guess I should have said one of the two SSWS #137 but.......Its not SSWS #138.

History of the DC universe I think will be the highest $ war page ($6000). (worship):o

Now, all these were guesses but it was fun to do. There could be a feeding frenzy since no Kubert pages have hit the market in a long time.

Larry

Edited by Hedge

I'd say the one with the closeup of the Unknown Soldier, SSWS 159, will do the best, probably $4000. Next would be SSWS 156, although I'm hoping it doesn't go high as I'm the high bidder right now. Love that cover with all of the masks! :cloud9: If there's another boardie here who's bidding on #156 as well, send me a PM. Blitzkrieg should get $4000. Come to think of it, I'd say that'll be the range for most of them. We could be surprised and see them end up in the $5000-6000 range.

Andy

I'd say the one with the closeup of the Unknown Soldier, SSWS 159, will do the best, probably $4000.

Andy

Oh baby, I'd give my left nut for that cover, possibly both nuts. hm

SSWS 159 has a special place in my heart because it's one of about 5 DC war comics my dad bought for me when he took me to my very first comic con back in the late 70's. Still have that issue. :cloud9:

Oh, and nice wins there Andy. I was watching some of those but couldn't bid cuz I bought some books from someone recently. :grin:

Edited by Jeffro