• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

The best post ever.

:grin:

I'm not sure about that but it's definitely one of the weirdest. ???

The best post ever.

:grin:

I'm not sure about that but it's definitely one of the weirdest. ???

Which one? CORN? lol

They're both such good candidates I can't decide! :pullhair:

Posted this in Bronze War too, but thought more of you might enjoy it here. This issue had a great "final" story with the Unknown Soldier (thumbs u Unknown Soldier #268 Final Issue.

001-1.jpg[/img]

Indeed... a great book, but a sad one. I remember buying my copy off the shelf at my LCS (which in 1982 meant 'Local Corner Store') and feeling quite sad about the demise of this great title.

In fact, I remember buying the last copy of all the DC war books off the shelf from the very same store (minus All American Men of War, of course).

Nice 9.8 of a tough book!

Shep

Hey folks,

I was equally stymied by the CORN thing. A bit of context: Ron Murray came to visit after the Oceanside Comicon and he was reading the war comics thread with all the cool covers. So he asked if he could just comment about them. . .

Call

Or

Respond

Now

I had to call him and have him inform me again about what it meant. In fairness, he DID tell me, but I wasn't paying much attention. Leave it to Ron to throw something zany out there. I'm only sorry it wasn't truly me that warranted the "best post ever" comment from Shep. :(

Ah well, those books DEFINITELY merited some buzz.

I've decided to generate an acronym using Ron's favorite thing to cook:

Send

Outstanding

Universals [my way],

Pilgrim

This acronym is most effectively conveyed in a John Wayne voice. Now anybody who goes up to Ron can communicate an important affirmation in one word.

Hey folks,

I was equally stymied by the CORN thing. A bit of context: Ron Murray came to visit after the Oceanside Comicon and he was reading the war comics thread with all the cool covers. So he asked if he could just comment about them. . .

Call

Or

Respond

Now

I'm not sure the explanation helped. ???

But thanks for trying!

Not a great copy, but if we're expanding beyond cockpits this is a cover I absolutely adore...

ssws58.jpg

I've obviously had this book at least twice over, but man.....what a drawing!! :o

Andy

I've never noticed that cover before but, wow, that is outstanding!

You never notice anything.

Ken

I know this is a Bronze age question, but I put it in the Bronze age forum and it was recommended that I ask here. . .so here we go.

As a kid (late seventies-early eighties) I remember a story in a war comic that had a short piece detailing a Polish Cavalry Unit charging German Armor during WWII. Does this ring a bell for anyone?. I would like to know what issue it was. I think it may have been in one of the $1.00 GI Combats but I am not sure. Help is kindly appreciated.