• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

A Salida beauty (thumbs u

The book is common in high grade! :o

I don't actually think that's the case. Just an example where we are probably seeing the top 2 copies (lovely Newsboy!) that happened to be owned by Boardies.

Agreed, though obviously having just a few extra copies in higher grades can affect the perception of availability.

Maybe the top 3 copies. . .

off12.jpg

No make that the top 4 co. . .no top 5. . .no top 10.

This'd be one of the very first 10¢ war books I ever scored. I think it was in 1990 or so at a midyear San Diego Comicon event. I bought it and a few other beautiful books from Terry Stroud back when he used to bring more comics than oddball stuff (not that I haven't been known to buy strange things from Terry over the years). I think it was about 15 bucks or thereabouts. I think I should get a retroactive discount considering the myriad high-grade copies out there.

Hey all,

Rough-looking but complete under the radar copy of Our Army at War #83 on ebay, closing in day and a half. I have no idea who the seller is, but this might be worth rolling the dice on.

Apologies to anyone if I'm ruining this for them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Dell-Wyatt-Earp-Rocky-Lane-Western-DC-Army-War10c-/290580518445?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a7f2d62d#ht_685wt_1141

Shep

Hey all,

Rough-looking but complete under the radar copy of Our Army at War #83 on ebay, closing in day and a half. I have no idea who the seller is, but this might be worth rolling the dice on.

Apologies to anyone if I'm ruining this for them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Dell-Wyatt-Earp-Rocky-Lane-Western-DC-Army-War10c-/290580518445?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a7f2d62d#ht_685wt_1141

Shep

thanks for the heads up shep!!

i must confess; it was i who won the auction.

83 and 82 in the last week! Congrats Bill. Do you have 81 as well?

i must confess; it was i who won the auction.

83 and 82 in the last week! Congrats Bill. Do you have 81 as well?

yes,a low grade copy. then i just need an 89 to have a run from 56-280 done.

And Bill - #56 to #280 on Our Army at War is a massive accomplishment!

No doubt! (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u