• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Speaking of G.I. Combat #87...

There's one on eBay right now, if anyone wants it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230201018513&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

I looked at the pictures posted and asked him if he if he could send me larger pictures or scans. I mentioned that it looked as though the cover had a large piece missing and that is something that his potential buyers should be aware of. I asked if he could please describe the book to me, looking for any faults. example: is the cover loose from the staples, any writing anywhere in/on the book, and tears or creases, etc. Then I thanked him very much and was looking forward to his reply. Here's his reply....

Hi,

Hmm, you should be able to zoom into the pictures to get a better look. I thought I'd leave the judgement of condition up to you based on what you see in the pictures. The minimum bid is $1.00

and you want me to count the number of possible tears? Hmm.. 1/2 hour of my time for $1.00? Hmm,

I don't think so, especially since I'm doing this

as a favor for a friend who was too lazy to list

it himself. IF YOU WANT THE ITEM BID ON IT, IF YOU DON'T WANT IT, DON'T BID!

- allaucts

eBay is a scary place filled with scary people.

Caveat emptor

Andy

Gotta love this guy. Lots of "hmmmms." Reminds me of the troll that Kevin Matchstick wrestled in the final issue of the first Mage series. For the troll, it was "hmmmph," though. Maybe they're second cousins.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230201018513&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013

I looked at the pictures posted and asked him if he if he could send me larger pictures or scans. I mentioned that it looked as though the cover had a large piece missing and that is something that his potential buyers should be aware of. I asked if he could please describe the book to me, looking for any faults. example: is the cover loose from the staples, any writing anywhere in/on the book, and tears or creases, etc. Then I thanked him very much and was looking forward to his reply. Here's his reply....

Hi,

Hmm, you should be able to zoom into the pictures to get a better look. I thought I'd leave the judgement of condition up to you based on what you see in the pictures. The minimum bid is $1.00

and you want me to count the number of possible tears? Hmm.. 1/2 hour of my time for $1.00? Hmm,

- allaucts

Caveat emptor

Andy

Hi,

- allaucts

Caveat emptor

Andy

I just politely asked him some questions as well. I encourage everyone to do so. :headbang:

Hi,

- allaucts

Caveat emptor

Andy

I just politely asked him some questions as well. I encourage everyone to do so. :headbang:

I just did as well. Hmmm!!! I guess he'll be spending a LOT of time answers questions!!! :headbang:

Hi,

- allaucts

Caveat emptor

Andy

I just did as well. Hmmm!!! I guess he'll be spending a LOT of time answers questions!!! :headbang:

Hmmm...well, I thought I was being polite...hmmmm....apparently not. :headbang:

I also got this

lf-8.jpg

Here's the soldier

2242645.jpg

And lastly this for way cheap( I just bought the one on the link for more than three times as much for a half point higher)

1961490.jpg

Dang those scans is small!

Those are the ones! :applause: