• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold/Silver/Bronze for sale

57 posts in this topic

All that info at the bottom of my posts you are refering to has been my pre-written CGC sig all along, which has been going onto all my posts,

One more time insufficiently_thoughtful_person:

I have sigs DISABLED, and many forum members can vouch for that, so how could I mysteriously read all that junk if I have SIGS DISABLED? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Perhaps because you manually inserted in the body of the message, then when back and edited it out, and tried to pawn it off as an "honest mistake" since "I didn't know sigs were automatic".

I really don't care if you lie or not, but drop this one, as you're just stringing yourself up. I ever quoted the links and email, something that would be IMPOSSIBLE since I have SIGS DISABLED. 27_laughing.gif

Just upload your picture to http://photobucket.com/

Once it's ready there will be 3 text boxes under the picture. Just cut and paste the bottom line of text exactly as it is into your message. The one that begins with

Here is the RGB version of the scan - the first one i put onto PhotoBucket and you uploaded (thanks for the education, i appreciate it) is the CMYK version used to print in my new paper catalog - CMYK looks washed out when on the web - hope this IMAGE comes out here OK

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/blbcomics/DetectiveComics0031LARGE.jpg

OK, so now i now how to upload pics directly onto CGC threads - always wondered about that

thanks for the pointers. truly appreciated, so when i present more comics research over on the GOLD board (where i usually hang out and not deal with the (very) few hystericals who inhabit the buy/sell areas), i can present visual aid ala JonBerk style - and i have a ton of scans of old early rare comics material going into my history book.

and this Tec 31 has bone white paper

hail.gif

it has some color touch done pro style and was pressed - many years ago - but nothing major

the gloss is original brilliant, the paper is soooo supple it is scary

otherwise it would be a 50K book, methinks

bob

What exactly is pro style? Does that mean like a pro would do?

That's an incredible looking book, and I'm sure someone with the cash on hand would find it to be a treasure in their collection. Heck, I don't actively collect Batman, but I'd love to have a copy.

i think the work was done by Bill Sarill, and it is quite good - looks VF, sharp, crisp. like i said white paper, a little bit more than lite restoration, not as much as a moderate designation, no piece replacement, people have seen it at shows, it =has almost went several times

it is what it is, #31 is the coolest Batman cover ever done, my opine, the Batman 227 homage is decent, i remember when that issue wa new on the racks, having bought one, and have had many copies over the years, i always score this one when i can as it always sells to multiple crowds, witness what just transpired on this thread. Thedre are other no brainer always sells Batman and Tec covers.

Likewise, Adventure 103 is a poorer man's road to an Action one as you get Supes throwing a car -:)

bob

I have checked up on pricing for a lousy copy of this book and it ain't pretty. Bob has a very fair price on this one. Like I said, too bad I don't have 8K.

Well, this forum is about one on one comics going one or two at a time, discussed before the entir ecrowd just like at a comicon, and i have done over one thousand comicons sinc emy first one June 1967

I think it is a bargain at 8K, it is a stunning copy, i agree with the previous caller, i sther esome one out there interested in this Tec 31? I prefer one on one sales, always have, missed that aspect of teh biz when i had 5 comic book stores, before the comics warhous eof the company i had a major stake in had its warehouse flood many moons ago now.

I also own one of those Moldoff recreations of this cover, he did a small group of them over the years - almost like the Weird Science fantasy 29 thing Cochran & Frazetta =did together circa 1970/71 - i bought one of those too. fun piece

bob beerbohm