• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America #122 - The Sting of the Scorpion!

25 posts in this topic

I think there are a few additional minor issues that might bring this book down from a 9.4, sadly. On the back cover, for example, there are at least three problems I see. First, the blue stain at the top. Second, about a third of the way from the bottom on the right side there is another stain. And if you look closely at the bottom right hand corner, you will see a slight impact.

On the front cover, in addition to the spine and staple creases, there looks to be a scratch above the C at the top of the book. There also might be another scratch below Scorpion's leg, right inside the shadow next to the stairwell. Those could both be from the scanner, however. Even with all these tiny problems, this is still a stellar book. Easily breaks 9.0 and quite likely can go higher.

I think there are a few additional minor issues that might bring this book down from a 9.4, sadly. On the back cover, for example, there are at least three problems I see. First, the blue stain at the top. Second, about a third of the way from the bottom on the right side there is another stain. And if you look closely at the bottom right hand corner, you will see a slight impact.

On the front cover, in addition to the spine and staple creases, there looks to be a scratch above the C at the top of the book. There also might be another scratch below Scorpion's leg, right inside the shadow next to the stairwell. Those could both be from the scanner, however. Even with all these tiny problems, this is still a stellar book. Easily breaks 9.0 and quite likely can go higher.

Jay,

Once again you show that you are a meticulous viewer of scans . . . another near perfect inventory of, ahem, the book's defects. 893applaud-thumb.gif Now, we just need to work on two things: i) the evaluation of the degree of severity of the defect; and ii) the arrival at, and assignment of, a numerical grade which reflects both your inventory and severity evaluation analysis grin.gif

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

I think that stain on the BC near the lower staple may drop it to a 9.2...depends what it looks like in hand...

It looks freakin beautiful in hand, that's how it looks - tight, fresh, incredible . . . hi.gif Sometimes I wonder why I even bother posting here . . . grin.gif

Jay,

Once again you show that you are a meticulous viewer of scans . . . another near perfect inventory of, ahem, the book's defects. 893applaud-thumb.gif Now, we just need to work on two things: i) the evaluation of the degree of severity of the defect; and ii) the arrival at, and assignment of, a numerical grade which reflects both your inventory and severity evaluation analysis grin.gif

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

There needs to be a class on grading comics from scans. I would take it in a heartbeat; I can certainly pick out flaws but deciding how many points to take off for them is another thing entirely.

I think that stain on the BC near the lower staple may drop it to a 9.2...depends what it looks like in hand...

It looks freakin beautiful in hand, that's how it looks - tight, fresh, incredible . . . hi.gif Sometimes I wonder why I even bother posting here . . . grin.gif

27_laughing.gif next time Divad, PM us with what you want 27_laughing.gif

9.8 for this one 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif CK - you know I do this for fun, right? hi.gif I've already arrived at my grade before the minions chime in . . . wink.gif

Me too.... poke2.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

hi.gif Now I remember . . . SOLD! grin.gif

27_laughing.gif CK - you know I do this for fun, right? hi.gif I've already arrived at my grade before the minions chime in . . . wink.gif

i know you don't need us , you really know how to grade, fun is our goal thumbsup2.gif