• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Tomahawk 116

12 posts in this topic

Tough call. It looks like there is an impact dent LLC, a small NCB crease URC, slight corner rounding and top edge wear, and is that horizontal scratch left of "TRAIL" on your scanner or the book? Without the rubbing it could be an 8.0 I don't how CGC judges that sort of thing, but I wouldn't go higher than 6.5 - though a sweet 6.5.

Tough call. It looks like there is an impact dent LLC, a small NCB crease URC, slight corner rounding and top edge wear, and is that horizontal scratch left of "TRAIL" on your scanner or the book? Without the rubbing it could be an 8.0 I don't how CGC judges that sort of thing, but I wouldn't go higher than 6.5 - though a sweet 6.5.

Ooops. I didn't see the scratch. 6.5/7.0..... still purty.

Shep

This is kochcom's idea of a VF+. Second time I have gotten hosed by these bozos. There WILL NOT be a third. mad.gif

Yeah, I took that same route a couple of years ago . . .

I had it a nice looking, but technically weak 7.0. Thanks for confirming guys. Not sure what I am going to do yet. Any ideas? Think I should return it? Anyone interested in it?

I had it a nice looking, but technically weak 7.0. Thanks for confirming guys. Not sure what I am going to do yet. Any ideas? Think I should return it? Anyone interested in it?

Might as well smoke your money than try a return with those guys insane.gif You'll get satisfaction sometime in 2007 27_laughing.gif Their "returns dept." is right out of Monty Python . . .

Might as well smoke your money than try a return with those guys insane.gif You'll get satisfaction sometime in 2007 27_laughing.gif Their "returns dept." is right out of Monty Python . . .

27_laughing.gif I figured as much. Looks like I will avoid that route. Posted in the marketplace for anyone who is interested.

I haven't bought from Koch in years - I recall their grading as iffy, but they often had great deals on lots and overstock - still worth it even if the grading was off on a few books. Last thing I bought I think were Blazing Combat 2 & 3 a few years back in an ebay auction. Advertised as F/VF, both FNs, but $13 shipped for the pair. Also picked up Pyscho 1 & 2 (early 80s underground with early Dan Clowes & Rick Altergott work) - reasonably graded as VF-NM for $15 shipped, the pair.

If you paid around VF guide, you'll make a profit selling it, even as a 6.5/7.0

I haven't bought from Koch in years - I recall their grading as iffy, but they often had great deals on lots and overstock - still worth it even if the grading was off on a few books. Last thing I bought I think were Blazing Combat 2 & 3 a few years back in an ebay auction. Advertised as F/VF, both FNs, but $13 shipped for the pair. Also picked up Pyscho 1 & 2 (early 80s underground with early Dan Clowes & Rick Altergott work) - reasonably graded as VF-NM for $15 shipped, the pair.

If you paid around VF guide, you'll make a profit selling it, even as a 6.5/7.0

I think this book would get a 6.5 due to the scuffing, but structurally it looks like a 7.5. It's a beautiful book, one of Adams' best covers.