• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics Market - WTB and Forum Only Selling Guidelines????

2 posts in this topic

I know this was tried before, but seriously do we need to start setting up some guidelines for buying and selling?

AllecHolland has some great suggestions for turnaround times for sellers and buyers.

Also, there is the whole thing of going in an undermining whether it is intentional or not someones selling thread. Sometimes I'm looking at some books, and first it starts out very positive. Someone might tell the seller, "hey that is a great copy of (fill in your favorite book)", then someone else chimes in either about a recent sale of theirs that was so much nicer. A few times I've seen someone either offer their own book, or complain that no way is the seller's book in the stated grade.

Last time it just got down to people should just observe common courtesy. But that lasts around one day. Maybe there should just be a few common agreed upon guidelines for both sellers and buyers.

Open to all suggestions, maybe things like:

- Only positive comments, if any should be made about a sellers book.

- Clearly stated shipping forms available, box, envelope with cardboard, etc.

- Whether you let the seller pick type of shipping, media, priority, UPS, Fedex.

- No Graemlin wars in seller or WTB threads.

Other ideas? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe some of those who have sold multiple times could give a suggestion or two.

As much as JC might get up in people's faces about posting in the wrong thread, he is doing all of us a favor by pointing that out to the lister.

Again, any suggestions should be guidelines. If you are buying from someone and they state these guidelines and otheres you should adhere to them. If you are a seller, but don't agree with all of the guidelines, say like timely shipping. Maybe you are only able to ship out things every Friday. Just state it in the original listing so the buyer isn't getting upset that they paid on Monday and they still don't have their books.

Maybe it is just me and I'm overeacting to some things that I have obeserved, if so, nevermind. crazy.gif