• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30c variants..... Sould I sell?

23 posts in this topic

New to the boards so Hello all. Not new to collecting thought and was thinking of selling some 30c variants to raise funds for other comics. What do you think sell or hold and see if they will bring more in a couple years? Heres what I got:

Adventures On The Planet Of The Apes 5,6

Champions 5

Defenders 35-38

Ghost Rider 17,18

Incredible Hulk 198,199

Marvel Two-In-One 17

Super-Villain Team-Up 6,7

Warlock13,14

The variant game is all about finding books that TWO people both really want...

There's a couple books on your list that would do pretty well right now, and a few that wouldn't.

If the comics you are looking to buy with the money will bring you more pleasure than continuing to own these, then by all means sell. But trying to outguess the market on price variants is tough...

Any Western , horror and sgt fury is harder than most.

But for toughest 10:

Mighty Marvel Western 45

Sgt. Fury 133-134

Kid Colt 205-209

Ringo Kid 27-28

You could throw in Rawhide 133-134 for Ringo Kid; equally hard IMO

Any Western , horror and sgt fury is harder than most.

But for toughest 10:

Mighty Marvel Western 45

Sgt. Fury 133-134

Kid Colt 205-209

Ringo Kid 27-28

You could throw in Rawhide 133-134 for Ringo Kid; equally hard IMO

For perspective's sake, search ebay for those issues every week and see how often just the regular 25 cent version comes up. Maybe you see one or two of them once a week and that's for the far more common 25 center. The 30 centers are damn near impossible.

Heck, I was just searching for Marvel Spotlight issues and couldn't get a hit on active or completed auctions.

What's a good source of sales results histories for the variants?

Heritage is hawking the PGAnalysis sfwr/db system (that I've seen mentioned in these forums). Is that worth a look for the variants' sales? I believe that there is currently a free two-week trial or something like that for the system.

I've been keeping track of 35 cent variant sales on eBay(blatant ones with 35 cent variant in description or title). Best way to check on prices is take note of big money winners on these variants and do a search on their bidding, completed items, even if they didn't win. You'll see some prices realized and note that there are about a dozen consistent bidders with only 4 willing to go the distance and pay mad multiples of guide for books they need.

So.... who are the four? tongue.gif

1. cosmic-spider-man

2. daffy06

3. mgd5

4. A certain fugitive residing in a comic book store in Pot and Militia Country, Oregon.

And honorable mention can go to the Star Wars variant winners but those guys are more Star Wars collectors than comic collectors - notice how blowing $4K on a Yoda lightsaber replica or $25K for a Darth Vader costume that was used in the movie doesn't even phase them...scary DArk side of the Force business there.

Before these past few months, youknowwhy, red-raven 1, and buc* would be on top at the end. Different player pop in for different reasons - maybe the same players start changing their names for anonymity's sake.

Wasn't there a "grodd" sticking it out on the Lighthouse Kid Colt 35-center?

Jim

is grodd a regular in your opinion? u r right about his showing up on lighthouse's kid colt, and he won those t-brock Star wars 2 and 4 vars. but will he consistently factor in to upcoming 35 cnt var aux? (Hard to type w/ bby on shoulder) tongue.gif

Don't know...he did seem to want that Kid Colt though. Maybe a new competitor has surfaced for you! tongue.gifgrin.gif

And don't worry...you'll marvel at what you'll be able to do with a baby on shoulder before too long. laugh.gif

Jim

I'm Grodd. Not sure if I'm going to go for the 35 centers on e-bay right now.

I'm interested in getting the Star Wars 35 centers the most.

The KC is a very hard to find book. I was prepared to pay more, but as I started reading the forum I started to realize his reserve was much higher than I was willing to pay.

And as you have already seen if you read these forums, I would have been trying to buy it back from you immediately... tongue.gif

I'm looking to finish the set by 2006... time will tell whether that's an attainable goal or not. I really don't care about being first, if someone else finished before I do, that's great. But I'd like to do the set by 2006...

As far as the KC goes... I turned down an offer of $425 last week... so it appears I am not the only one who thinks it's worth more than the $200 that many suggested...