• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Foreign Comics

62 posts in this topic

Jim, where did Germany publish these? As I recall most of the early 60s books were reprinted within the last 10 years, is that correct?

Does anyone know when other countries started publishing US comics? In one of the SA threads there is a discussion on Mexico's comics and they were publishing at least in the 1950s, and I think in the 1940s as I recall. The UK/Canada clearly was publishing back in the early 1960s and I presume earlier than that.

All the Marvels and DCs posted (except Tarzan) were printed within the last 7 years.

Germany did reprint DCs (I've seen numerous Superman examples) since at least the late 50s/early 60s. German Marvels weren't reprinted until the early 70s from what I've seen.

There is quite the demand, and they go for some serious Euros, for early German DC issues at the local cons...

Jim

Anyone interested in some books from the UK? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Used to have a lot of those as a kid before i discovered US comics in the late eighties. Had a really long run on Marvel UK Transformers which ran for 332 issues but i sold it a few years ago. I know i have a pile of books (well their more like Magazines really) stored away that i haven't looked at in over a decade.

Hello everybody!

May be this interesting for you: While Marvel USA quit the Frankenstein series, the German Publisher produced some more issues by their own. Here is a link showing a Gallery of Covers. I hope it works: http://www.wmca.de/cover_galerien/frankenstein/cover_frankenstein_3.htm

The first german Marvels where published in 1966, named "Hit Comics", very poor in black and white and mixing the issues how they liked it.This ended in January 74 when they started several titles from the beginning.

One of the most expensive German comics are 3 Superman(n) Comics from 1950, they are extremly rare.

Thanks Thomas

P.S. Do you know, that in 24 hours the soccer worldcup in germany begins? Opening game: Germany vs. Costa Rica. The fever rises... I have a feeling that Germany might win this time.

But many strong teams : England, Tchechs(?). Brazil, Portugal, Argentinia, wont be easy...

Posted in the Silver Age forum a while ago...

A Mini-Sized Hebrew Dennis the Menace book from 1964. I'm not even sure what number it is, cause it's in Hebrew. Is that 3 part of the price? Or issue number?

confused-smiley-013.gif

dtm7nz.jpg

Does anyone know when other countries started publishing US comics? In one of the SA threads there is a discussion on Mexico's comics and they were publishing at least in the 1950s, and I think in the 1940s as I recall. The UK/Canada clearly was publishing back in the early 1960s and I presume earlier than that.

This link may provide some info in regards to mexican comics http://www.angelfire.com/az/monjeloco/