• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Giant Size Avengers 1

10 posts in this topic

Red stain on back, corners a little blunted.

scuff below the "68" may be printing related and not effect grade.

I'd say a 9.0 - 9.2

Red stain is bleed through from pressing poke2.gif

Rounded upper and lower left corners- I'd say 9.0 high gloss could push it higher but can't tell.

I don't know anything about pressing. I have never had a book pressed before. Upon reading the post that the red stain may be from pressing, I opened up the book and looked at the inside back cover. On the last page of the book, facing the back cover, the word "FREE" is written in red ink exactly opposite the stain on the back cover. I'm guessing that this goes along with your theory that it was pressed. The cover is super flat and has great gloss, so I guess that goes along with it being pressed also. I learn something new for future purchases.

Thank you Nostalgic Attic for grading my book and for the lesson.

-Mike

I don't know anything about pressing. I have never had a book pressed before. Upon reading the post that the red stain may be from pressing, I opened up the book and looked at the inside back cover. On the last page of the book, facing the back cover, the word "FREE" is written in red ink exactly opposite the stain on the back cover. I'm guessing that this goes along with your theory that it was pressed. The cover is super flat and has great gloss, so I guess that goes along with it being pressed also. I learn something new for future purchases.

Thank you Nostalgic Attic for grading my book and for the lesson.

-Mike

I think he was joking kage stooges.gif

If it's a stamp bleed through, that is not uncommon. I stand by my grade. =)

I can see a 9.2.

Caveat being that I am horrible at grading square bounds blush.gif

After further review,

I dont think it gets above a 9.0. The stain, not the ink transfer from the book it was stacked against, but the thumb size oil stain keeps it out of 9.2. Again, im horrible at squarebounds and the stain is on the back, but im thinking 9.0