• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGT FF#1

17 posts in this topic

That's a tough one with the cropped scans. Is that a water spot at the top edge?

Any restoration etc?

I'd say 6.0-6.5 appearance, but drop it a smidge for the water spot to a 5.5?

That's a tough one with the cropped scans. Is that a water spot at the top edge?

Any restoration etc?

The CGC'ed one that I posted a link to in my above post is 5.5 and this copy here looks better. =)

Ok, I don't own this comic so I don't know what's right

but how come this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-Vol-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

Has a different back cover!

I'm really confused

The first one (Kirby back cover) is correct. I think the back cover for FF 1 in that auction is the back cover for FF 2.

Any restoration etc?

The CGC'ed one that I posted a link to in my above post is 5.5 and this copy here looks better. =)

So I guess I nailed the CGC grade...... 893whatthe.gif or I grade harder, depending on which book you're talking about, I'd almost swear the book you posted was the book that is on ebay.

Any restoration etc?

Seller claims the spot is a finger mark and not a stain, rounded corners, and a slight smudge on the bottom left front cover. No restoration was found but we all know how that goes. I think I might go for it after seeing uncropped scans... Looks like a 6.5 to me. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Any restoration etc?

Seller claims the spot is a finger mark and not a stain, rounded corners, and a slight smudge on the bottom left front cover. No restoration was found but we all know how that goes. I think I might go for it after seeing uncropped scans... Looks like a 6.5 to me. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Agree.

I'd be scared to death buying a book like this raw.

I wish the top had a little overhang.

Having none at all gives me the creeps. blush.gif

OK, I took the plunge but I first chatted with the gal selling it for a few hours on the phone and was blown away by how much she knew about comics and her enthusiasm for collecting. Very nice person and offered a full refund for the book and shipping if any resto was found so that added quite a bit more confidence for the sale. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

OK, I took the plunge but I first chatted with the gal selling it for a few hours on the phone and was blown away by how much she knew about comics and her enthusiasm for collecting. Very nice person and offered a full refund for the book and shipping if any resto was found so that added quite a bit more confidence for the sale. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

She sounds cute 27_laughing.gif

She sure sounded like it to me. My wife even asked who I was flirting with on the phone. -busted- 27_laughing.gif

She sure sounded like it to me. My wife even asked who I was flirting with on the phone. -busted- 27_laughing.gif

I wish I could find a cute gal with an FF 1... frown.gif

lol.. for your sake, I hope you don't have to return it. insane.gif