• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze/Modern - What Are You Submitting?

47 posts in this topic

Well, my copy should get 9.4 or on a blind day by the graders, a 9.6. But...since the board is so pro-Marvel, I will abandon my DC roots and keep that book! The other may be 9.0? However, I don't bother making predictions in writing so my memory may be wrong, as it has been over 2 months. Will let you know or cause a feeding frenzy with a post in the marketplace! shocked.gif

Anyone for a high grade Hulk 143 and 145. We'll see the scavengers come out of the woodwork for those. Yes, they will be for sale! smile.gif

I hope to get around to sending those 2 HG MTU #sand ASM 129 I posted earlier about a month ago, in using the Collectors Society "stubs", plus another undecided using a trivia-win "stub".

Also some modern books (ASM from #140/ GS 3 and up) such as some HG 148, 151, 194's, 195, 238?, 239? (the 200's have very little it seems), 298, 300, 301-305, 308 (hard), 316, 317?, 324, 325, 328, 441, too many v2 30 & 26's already, and GS 4's(Punisher),

Any others Im missing here that may be a good bet? smile.gif

Eric

I probably won't be slabbing anything for the next couple years, unless CGC drastically reduces their wait time..I'm not big into sending someone 150 dollars so that they can get around to doing what I'm paying them for around 5 months later.

Brian

as of right now, the only tier that is longer than a month is economy and that's around three months. considering that they only promise 40 business days it's not going to get much better than that.

that's if they can stay ahead of the curve, of course.

no, as of last month the current value didn't exceed the modern tier. maybe that's changed, but I doubt it. And if it has changed, then it'd come back in three weeks, because you couldn't submit it in the economy tier either.

so with the recent sales at 950+ for CGC 9.6s, will that force all future submissions to go standard IF 1) WIZARD shifts their next price guide and 2) you feel it'll grade at a 9.6 or higher (which we've heard here may not be too common)

I could easily see CGC calling you to tell you you're gonna have to bump this book up. Anyways, it doesn't make sense anymore for a person to submit a bunch of books via economy..it takes too long and you have to pay 3 months in advance basically.

Brian

it doesn't make sense anymore for a person to submit a bunch of books via economy

Well, since it costs about $20 per book economy, $36 standard (20% discount), if you submit 25 books you're saving about $400 by waiting the extra 2 months. So, yes, it does make sense from a financial standpoint...

i'm not sure what the huge frustration is with the wait? It's cheaper for a reason, the wait is part of the bargain. in exchange, your margins on resale are lowered by 15+ dollars.

and what exactly do you mean by paying in advance? Is there some tier where you pay after you get the books back?