• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Detective Comics for sale

10 posts in this topic

This thread will have a nice mini-run of mid-grade SA Detective Comics I've since upgraded. Later on I might also post a few lower-grade cheap books from the same era I'd like to move. Check back!

I'll ship 1 to 4 books via US Priority Mail flat rate envelope with delivery confirmation for $4.05. Shipping to Canada via flat rate Global Priority envelope for $7.50. We'll work out larger quantities or shipping outside North America on a case-by-case basis.

First up, Detective Comics 361 with artwork by Carmine Infantino and Sid Greene on the Batman/Robin strip. This issue is in Very Good condition with a subscription crease and the bottom staple blown. Price is $5.00

tec361.jpg

tec361bc.jpg

Next is Detective Comics 362 in Fine condition, with spine stresses, some color loss along the spine, and a date stamp. Sheldon Moldoff drew the Batman & Robin story, continuing his long-standing practice of ghosting for Bob Kane. The Riddler appears in the story, despite the lack of cover billing. And that cover is an Infantino production, and he also drew the Elongate Man backup. Price for this issue is SOLD!

tec362fc.jpg

tec362.jpg

A classic Joker cover drawn by Carmine Infantino. He didn't do the interior art unfortunately. Comic is in solid Fine condition, and sells for SOLD!

tec365.jpg

tec365bc.jpg

Carmine Infantino did both the Batman & Robin story and the Elongated Man story in this issue. It is in Very Good Plus condition, with slight damage to the right edge and some dirt along the bottom edge. Sells for $5.00

tec367.jpg

tec367bc.jpg

Infantino did the cover story, which features not only Batman, Robin and Batgirl, but also has a cameo by Catwoman. Neal Adams surprisingly drew the Elongated Man backup story! Comic is in Very Good condition, with some water damage along the top and a chip out of the back cover near the bottom staple. This one sells for SOLD!

tec369.jpg

tec369bc.jpg

Gil Kane only did a handful of Batman stories, and this is one of them. (The cover is by Irv Novick, though). The issue is in Very Good condition, with some slight foxing along the spine, and the bottom staple blown. For sale at $5.00 .

tec374.jpg

tec374bc.jpg

Last one of the run: Detective Comics #384 in VG/Fine condition with some color loss along the spine and a few creases at the corners. This issue is in the post-Infantino period, with the Batman & Robin feature drawn by Bob Brown. But the Batgirl backup has some killer artwork by Gil Kane & Murphy Anderson. Take it away for $5.00.

tec384.jpg

To close out the thread, here are the books still available. Back cover scans in most cases can be found above.

tec361.jpg

tec367.jpg

tec374.jpg

tec384.jpg

At the top of the thread, I mentioned I had a few reader copies to get rid of, actually now that I check, there are only 2:

Detective 372 incomplete is going as a freebie to Hobo.

Detective 351 in Good condition with a water-stained front cover is available for a dollar.