• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventures of Superman

6 posts in this topic

Have any of you guys picked up season 1 or 2 ? This show brings back memories when I was a kid seeing the reruns. I just picked up Season 1 on dvd , it looks great the quality of the film so far from what I've seen. This is the season also with Phyllis Coates. I think Noel Neil was in season 2. Any thoughts on these dvd's??

I picked up both seasons. I think they are great. I love those old shows. The specials in both are pretty good too.

Watch for comics in some of those episodes. MYSTERY IN WAX, CRIME WAVE, and BIRTHDAY LETTER. See if you can tell what comics are shown and post in the COMIC BOOK IN MOVIES thread. I've been meaning to check out those episodes but haven't had the chance.

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN is a great old show. Especially the first two seasons. They took the show more seriourly for those seasons. thumbsup2.gif

I've only watched the 1st episode so far ,looks great. I'll be watching some more later tonight. I'm going to have to pick up season 2 also. I'll know I will enjoy it. When did it start getting campy, around season 3 ?? Still fun though.

Third season started with the screwy stories, but still had enough good serious stories to keep the fans happy. Most of the other seasons only had a few serious stories that I still liked and would recommend. Actually the last episode in the last season is one of the best. Written and directed by George Reeves himself. Its title is ALL THAT GLITTERS. Its probably the best one in that season.

BTW; just picked up WILD WILD WEST DVD set this week and thats really good.

Recently picked up VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA and TIME TUNNEL seasons 1 & 2. Can't wait for the MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E set to come out. grin.gif

Just hearing the opening theme is exciting in itself--you know you are in for a good time when you watch a Superman episode.

George Reeves was a super choice--he took the role so serious but had a sense of humor.

A great show from a time long, long ago.