• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers # 1 CGC 9.4 NM OW Only $22,500

24 posts in this topic

Mark Wilson has listed an Avengers # 1 9.4 NM OW Pages for $22,500...gee,for that price i'll take two! (such a bargin) 27_laughing.gif What cracks me up is he does sell books like this for that kind of cash..someone is sure buyin his books or else he wouldn't be in business.He's got both Heritage and eBay beat! PGCMINT

Holy Crud ! !........22k? frown.gif .......although I wouldn't mind having that book.

I never search his website because it sucks. No beating around the bush on this. Mark.....if you read these forums......fix your damn website......it's too slow and locks up all the time.

Does anyone else have problems with his site? frown.gif

Holy Crud ! !........22k? frown.gif .......although I wouldn't mind having that book.

I never search his website because it sucks. No beating around the bush on this. Mark.....if you read these forums......fix your damn website......it's too slow and locks up all the time.

I don't search his site 'cause I can't afford any of his books. frown.gif

I don't search his site 'cause I can't afford any of his books

27_laughing.gif I'm not saying i can,but i could always save up for something that's not too bad,it may take me 6 months to pay off a 7-8K book,but i would only buy something like that from him if i couldn't get it anywhere else.

Bug, I don't have a problem accessing his site,if your using dial-up,try and get cable.I have cable and don't have a problem,he has too much graphics on his site for dial up,takes along time to load.

I don't search his site 'cause I can't afford any of his books. frown.gif

Yeah......I don't search his site for both those reasons.....it's too slow and the prices are too high........not a good combination to get aggrevated and bent over at the same time. frown.gif

I did found a cgc 9.6 silver-age book on his site that I wanted a while back......but it was priced at 2 to 3 times the price I was willing to pay for it......especially since it looked like the cgc case had caused some damage to one of the corners and lowered the grade to more like a 9.2. frown.gif

Bug, I don't have a problem accessing his site,if your using dial-up,try and get cable.I have cable and don't have a problem,he has too much graphics on his site for dial up,takes along time to load.

Yeah......I'm sure that's part of the reason.......but a lot of the times his site will just lock up on me and refuse to do anything.......it won't even try to download. I never have this problem with any other sites. Even when I'm just trying to load a search page without any pictures or anything.....it will usually lock up for several minutes before finally downloading. It's very odd. confused.gif

Heritage's achive's list 2, 9.4's that sold last year for around 17,000 each. Mark's price does seem out of wack.

I can see if his Price was even 20K,but 22,500?? That book should be priced around 15-20K in that neighborhood somewhere not not really anything more,at least not now anyway.

All his books are usually 2 to 3 times what the market price is, I do not know how he sells anything. Even his common books are out of touch with reality - $200 for an X-men Annual 3 9.6 , give me a break - 7 times guide.

Tom

That is probably one of the copies from Heritage. he bids crazy prices at all the big auctions that I know about where you can tell who is bidding - like Vault, AllStar, JP last year. Can't tell exactly what is going on at heritage though - you know those private auctions to dissuade thrill bidders and such.

I thought it was just ME!

I have high-speed access and it takes FOREVER for the pictures to load up - I normally have to hit reload two or three times for them to finally come up. 893whatthe.gif

However, at my office, I have no problem. Go figure.

His inventory consists of books bought through Heritage and Ebay...(It's easy to figure out his profit margin.) If he is paying crazy multiples for books from the big auctions, who does he think he is going to sell to??? ...Perhaps the sucker who he outbid???? Yeah right! Rule number 1- Never contribute to the pockets of your chief competitor! If I lose a book to a "mystery person" in one of the auctions, you can bet it'll show up on his site for about double!...So someone who refused to pay $5K for a book is now going to pay $10K for that very same book??? I don't get it!

I maintain that a lot of the stuff he buys real high and than puts on his website for an even higher price is just for "publicity". Sort of a "hey, I've got this stuff, come take a look..and while you're here maybe you'll find something else you'll like!"

I just can't see someone paying some of those prices he has..

Brian

His inventory consists of books bought through Heritage and Ebay...(It's easy to figure out his profit margin.) If he is paying crazy multiples for books from the big auctions, who does he think he is going to sell to??? ...Perhaps the sucker who he outbid???? Yeah right! Rule number 1- Never contribute to the pockets of your chief competitor! If I lose a book to a "mystery person" in one of the auctions, you can bet it'll show up on his site for about double!...So someone who refused to pay $5K for a book is now going to pay $10K for that very same book??? I don't get it!

He's not looking for immediete resale. He buys many high caliber books that you can't find anywhere else, and put's them on his site. If someone comes along and decides they're willing to pay his price, then great. If not, he dosen't mind holding most of his stuff. If you talk to him, he says he believes in the future of the better books. That's his buying strategy. He isn't a flipper. If you read his market reports, they offer some insight on his buying strategy.

Anybody tried haggling with him? A lot of convention dealers jack prices up, hoping they'll find people who will pay them without trying to work out a deal...I figured that's just his method. I've never tried to buy anything from the site so I dunno if his prices are firm or not, but I assume they're not unless it's an extremely rare book.

I'm pretty sure he sets his prices so that he can offer a little wiggle room to the serious buyer. Judging by his inventory, he's more of a collector/investor then a dealer. You can tell by the type of books he carries. That explains why the only books he seems to move fairly regularly are Marvel Silver.