• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

October's revolving door collection...

144 posts in this topic

I have Mike's Catman fanzine too. It's great, isn't it?

The thing about collecting Catman is that even really rough issues often finish at 2x-3x guide...when certain issues come up for sale, everyone piles on & bids them way up, regardless of condition. (Anyway, I'll stop derailing your thread!...we'll pick this up sometime in the GA forum.)

(Anyway, I'll stop derailing your thread!...we'll pick this up sometime in the GA forum.)

It's ok. Part of the fun of these threads is seeing where the discussion goes. thumbsup2.gif

Please do! thumbsup2.gif What does he say is the scarcest? 20?

Lunchbreak. tongue.gif

I bought my Catman 30 off of the guy who publishes this. It's a neat little fanzine, and there is a second issue as well. If anyone wants his contact info, PM me. I don't really want to just post it...

catman.jpg

While we are on the subject, here is my Catman 30. As I said in the above post, I got this from the publisher of The Cat-Man Collector. He had it at 2.5, but I feel it's an easy 3.0, with a chance at 3.5. There are some waterstains on the back, but the eye appeal is very strong for the grade. Not one of Cole's most striking covers, but still head and shoulders above most comic art. I like the name and date in the title. I feel that things like that give golden age books some personality. I really don't mind a 50-60 year old book looking its age.

catman30.jpg

Switching gears, here is a nice Vampirella 12 with a weird Sanjulian cover. I pulled this one out of the pile of rubble that Joe Koch calls a booth, at Chicago last year. Seriously, his setup is unmistakable. It's just box after box of random, dusty, waterlogged overstock and warehouse boxes piled haphazardly around a few tables. It's a dirty job, but if you dig for awhile you can probably find some stellar deals and he is always willing to work on his already cheap prices. This one is an easy 9.2 and I paid $5 or $10 for it. It was actually kinda fun going through it all, even if I needed to be hosed down afterwards.

vampirella12.jpg

I like the name and date in the title. I feel that things like that give golden age books some personality. I really don't mind a 50-60 year old book looking its age.

Yes. You've arrived. You, sir, are a GA collector! smile.gif

I like the name and date in the title. I feel that things like that give golden age books some personality. I really don't mind a 50-60 year old book looking its age.

grin.gif It didn't take long to acclimate.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

I now have three almost identical VF+ copies of this issue, as I love the cover art and buy it whenever I can find a cheap one. It really gives HOM 236 a run for its money. Wrightson really created a fantastically horrific atmosphere here.

HOS1062.jpg

Please do! thumbsup2.gif What does he say is the scarcest? 20?

Lunchbreak. tongue.gif

I bought my Catman 30 off of the guy who publishes this. It's a neat little fanzine, and there is a second issue as well. If anyone wants his contact info, PM me. I don't really want to just post it...

catman.jpg

What's the cover of that fanzine look like? It looks pretty cool! And yes, please pm me his contact info.

grin.gif It didn't take long to acclimate.

Congrats, just forget about actually reading any entertaining comics for the forseeable future. poke2.gif

Congrats, just forget about actually reading any entertaining comics for the forseeable future. poke2.gif

I had multiple people told me how much the Star stories sucked, so I was pleasantly surprised when I read a few. The Jay Disbrow stuff is pretty good.

....and I still read monthlies of course.

I now have three almost identical VF+ copies of this issue, as I love the cover art and buy it whenever I can find a cheap one. It really gives HOM 236 a run for its money. Wrightson really created a fantastically horrific atmosphere here.

HOS1062.jpg

This is my favorite Wrightson cover for the DC horror books. I had planned on scanning my copy tonight, but let's let everybody see yours today. This is a pretty book. Your Catmans are beautiful. Maybe one of these days I will finally get an example of this series. Thanks for showing them today!!!

Scott

Here is another outstanding Atom cover. The purples on this copy are super bright, and I really like the perspective used. One of the gems of the run. Again, I think I paid $10 or $15 from an eBay store for it. If you look around, you can get fantastic late silver stuff in VF for dirt cheap.

atom48.jpg

acclaim.gifPOST 10,000! acclaim.gif

Thanks to Marc from Houseofcomics who mentioned it in a PM. I seriously would have missed it otherwise!

I figured I should do something special, but what can I really say? Thanks to everybody on this forum, it has been a blast. Hope I am around for 10,000 more.

With that, I will just post my very first comic, purchased from Tichler's Finer Foods in Western Springs.

cloud9.gif

donald.jpg

...and no thread of mine would be complete without this one. All the haters can 893censored-thumb.gifoff! grin.gif

batman2272.jpg

PEACE!