• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

October's revolving door collection...

144 posts in this topic

Here is a tough bronze age horror book in high grade. I am not the biggest fan of the Unexpecteds, but there are a few cover that really stand out, this being one of them. I got REALLY lucky and picked this up for $10 shipped of eBay!!!

unex118.jpg

Here is a nice 100 pager I bought from Donger awhile back. You really couldn't ask for a sharper front cover, looks like NM+ territory, but the back has a few longish creases that tank the grade. I think that kept people away, as I paid $11 shipped for it. screwy.gif A real steal.

WH38.jpg

Got this from Sid, who had it at 7.5 or some other crazy number (the "scratches" are printing color defects. screwy.gif 9.2 all the way. I love the colors on this cover, purple seems to really work well on comics. Like a lot of late 60s DCs, I don't think the pre-Adams GL run gets enough recognition. Some great stuff in that era.

gl73.jpg

Donut gave some of the Goon fans on the forum some nice deals on this book. It's Goon's first appearance, and can be tough to find. This one is signed, but it actually seems to be tougher to find an UNSIGNED copy!

goon1avatar.jpg

Got this from Sid, who had it at 7.5 or some other crazy number (the "scratches" are printing color defects. screwy.gif 9.2 all the way. I love the colors on this cover, purple seems to really work well on comics. Like a lot of late 60s DCs, I don't think the pre-Adams GL run gets enough recognition. Some great stuff in that era.

gl73.jpg

Great looking book and an even butter butt shot. Is that J-Lo???

Scott

gl73.jpg

Great looking book and an even butter butt shot. Is that J-Lo???

Scott

Maybe it's his ex-wife 893whatthe.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

There are more affordable non-Timely Schomburg covers that are pretty cool as well...all in due time. thumbsup2.gif

Banner, when are you going to post your collection??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've probably already posted most of it on the boards over the last 4+ years! 27_laughing.gif

Actually, I have been thinning out the collection recently and have a goal in mind to wrap that effort up by the end of the summer, leaving me with a more focused, smaller/better collection. After I'm done with that, I'll have time to scan in some books and may post my GA collection, and possibly my Hulk run. Not coincidentally, my target date falls 10 years to the day after I started using the internet as a collecting tool! Over that time I've had some interesting experiences and learned a lot, most of which I've shared here over the last few years, but there are still a few juicy nuggets yet to be revealed! devil.gif

Keep em coming Andy.....more of the Witching hour and Ghost Riders if you have them.

Sure. thumbsup2.gif

Here is my Witching Hour 1. Normally I wouldn't want a book with this kind of miswrap, but the cover whites are really bright on this one. Also the price was right; I picked it up off eBay for $30 and it's probably a 9.0 or 9.2.

witchinghour1.jpg

Here are two more Witching Hours. I got the pair for $30 shipped. I remember thinking the opening bid was too high at $25, but I bit the bullet and I ended up being the only bidder. Glad I did. The 4 is particularly nice, with VERY deep colors. Did I mention how much I like eBay? grin.gif

wh4.jpg

wh5.jpg