• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover gallery project

I would be interested in seeing a comprehensive gallery of comic covers.  

150 members have voted

1. 1. I would be interested in seeing a comprehensive gallery of comic covers.

23 posts in this topic

I think it is a great idea, for raw, but really more so for slabbed books. After all, there is already a site for just about every DC book published, and most Marvels are in the Gerber guide. And of course there is the grand comic data base, but that is missing a lot of books. I say a graded gallery, with raw books used for images on some of the scarcer cgc books, until a graded book becomes avaliable to post. I would be happy to help with some books, to get it off the goround.

exactly what would it cover.. Covers of all known variants and such?

Many of the modern age comics have a ton of variaint covers..

The grand comic database is ok but it is missing several and I dont think it has any of the variaint covers.. As seen in my sig my favorite is Darkchylde..

Many of those covers can be found here.. Darkchyldes Home

I know civil war has a number of variant covers and its fairly new..

I would like to see the different variants too. And while it is nice to see the covers in some other databases, some are pretty beat up. I would imagine that this Gallery would become a place for people to post their favorites and we could see the grails and "vault" comics that are probably locked up in personal collections for many many years.

I know some use the Registry, but not all sets are included in the Registry and I also know several collectors who don't use it because they don't want others to know all the books that they have.