• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC gallery

60 posts in this topic

Believe it or not, after coming here thousands of times, I just now visited the gallery on this site.

893whatthe.gif

Some of the books on there are unbelievable!! This one stunned me the most:

http://www.cgccomics.com/gallery/details.asp?IDComic=367

I realize many of the G.A books on there are more valuable, and much scarcer, but being a S.A guy, and an ASM guy, that book just floors me.

It's one thing to know these exist, but it's another to actually get to see them. Anyone else totally dumbfounded by some of the books in the gallery?

The books in the gallery blew me away the first time I saw them... it also depressed me because it made me realize that my collection is a sad, sad thing compared to these books.

I wonder what the ASM #2 would go for anyway?

I've watched the CGC market for 3 years, and I've never even seen a 9.4 ASM #2 trade anywhere. So I was shocked to see this 9.6/White copy. I have checked the gallery before, but it was obviously a long time ago because a lot has been updated.

As for the ASM #2 9.6? My guess would be 40-50K.

I've watched the CGC market for 3 years, and I've never even seen a 9.4 ASM #2 trade anywhere. So I was shocked to see this 9.6/White copy.

Holy Crud, you think Brulato owns that baby? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The gallery made me pity my books.....

I think 99% of collectors can't say they have anything in their collections that even comes close to those books. frown.gif

Holy Crud, you think Brulato owns that baby?

Quite possibly.....why not? I really hope Brulato and other big collectors like him make use of this new registry. It would make interesting viewing to say the least.

I've watched the CGC market for 3 years, and I've never even seen a 9.4 ASM #2 trade anywhere. So I was shocked to see this 9.6/White copy.

Holy Crud, you think Brulato owns that baby? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Probably not, as there are 2 9.6s! He owns the Curator copy of that book (9.6?). Or...could he be so lucky to own both copies? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

AK - seeing the Stan Lee File copy of AF15 brings something to mind. What happens if I have a CGC app 9.0 (extensive professional resto) AF 15, bring it to the next CGC Signature Series where Stan Lee may be present (SanDiego? Wizard World Chicago?) and get it signed and submitted - will it get the Yello Label even though it is restored or will it get a brand new Orange color label! hypothetically speaking of course wink.gif

confused.gif

I would guess that it would get the yellow sig label, with an app 9.0 and the resto comments. That's purely a guess. Might make an interesting "ask CGC" question.

And WTF??? Why is my Wolverine: The Origin 1 CGC 10.0 not in there...I see a Wolvie 1 1982 Limited series CGC 9.9 in there...

Old news! smirk.gif

who goes to the trouble of trimming a modern book? I mean it's such a high dollar book...

I was also wondering why it was in the gallery. Perhaps because it is an oddity?

Yeah, I think steve and the cgc crew has to have a sense of humor about these things... I mean, you see the books and you just shake your head about why they sent them in... Plus, that might have been the first trimmed modern book they saw... it must have been obvious though, for them to have spotted it.

Why not sell that "puppy" raw, and be done with it? makepoint.gif

Because the the overall purple color of the label matches the purple webs and purple Kingpin while complementing the deep blue background tongue.gif

This is obviously a resto "warmup" book. If I restored/trimmed books, I'd trim a few $1 books before I took the exacto to an ASM 1 or AF15. and a modern book is the cheapest tier to practice with.