• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Heroes - Bill Finger issue(s)?

7 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm new.

I'm looking for an issue(s) of the 1980s fanzine Amazing Heroes that contains info on Bill Finger. The site http://www.bailsprojects.com/(S(virlzvu152yqdl452qtkdt45))/bio.aspx?Name=FINGER%2c+BILL says it is #105 (10/15/86), so I bought that issue, but I found only a passing reference to Finger in there. The author of that site then wrote me that #105 is probably a typo but he doesn't know the correct issue. Using what little online series index material I've found, I've singled out five issues that might be good bets; if anyone has any of them, would it be possible for you to flip through and see if there are any articles, big or small, about Finger? I tried to do this myself, but the comic shops I went to don't have back issues of AH. I know it's a big favor, but I give credit where credit is due.

The issues:

#84 (includes the history of Batman, don't know if that means the story OF the character or the story BEHIND the character)

#85 (part 2 of Batman history)

#102 (Batman cover)

#104 (one off from 105)

#106 (ditto)

Please email me at mtn at mtncartoons.com. Thanks!

Thanks so much! I am so grateful for your time. I'm not 100% confident in that index because I've been told it indicates #105 DOES have Finger material; I scoured that issue so many times and found nada. But I'd be curious to know if the index goes into any more detail--does it give a page number? If it's no trouble, would you mind skimming those other five issues even if the index doesn't indicate Finger material is there? I see you're in Florida. If we were closer, I'd volunteer to do it myself...!

Marc

Thanks so much! I am so grateful for your time. I'm not 100% confident in that index because I've been told it indicates #105 DOES have Finger material; I scoured that issue so many times and found nada. But I'd be curious to know if the index goes into any more detail--does it give a page number? If it's no trouble, would you mind skimming those other five issues even if the index doesn't indicate Finger material is there? I see you're in Florida. If we were closer, I'd volunteer to do it myself...!

Marc

No problem Marc, I was going to reorganize them anyway so I will take a look and let you know where the Finger article or articles are. thumbsup2.gif

Well, sorry but I checked all the Amazing Heroes you listed above plus a few more listed in the index with Batman info and there was no info on Finger. #84 and #85 go into the biography of Batman the character in detail but nothing on the creators. Hope you find some info somewhere though.