• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Second Chance Offer on eBay X-Men lot...should I buy? Need opinions please!

29 posts in this topic

Hello all...I came across this lot the other day and it looks very nice. I ended up as the high bidder although reserve was not met. I had already asked the seller for multiple large scans of key issues and some of the older books to which he responded quickly with large scans. They all look very nice, and he has been responsive to multiple emails. Of course there are a number of red flags in that he charges to bag and board the books yeahok.gif, and of course there is the zero feedback thing. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

So anyway he offered me the second chance buy-it-now option and it looks like a pretty good deal to me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6637535775&sspagename=ADME:B:SCO:US:1

Aside from the possible scam angle (seller seems legit to me), does this look like a good buy to you? Please give me your opinion! popcorn.gif

I think you would be taking a big risk with this transaction. Not saying the seller is a scammer, but I would rather get burned on a $20+ plus transaction then a $700+.

Am I the only one who thinks that picture looks funny? Something about the way the books are laying on top of each other. It almost looks like a photoshop job or color copies.

I would ABSOLUTELY avoid this. Seriously.

Yep, that is it. The pictures keep going in and out because he is exceeding the bandwidth limit on his provider (it happened a bunch towards the end of the auction and now our views are doing it).

Check out the link to his picture hosting site near the bottom of the auction description...it has all the comics. They are real...as I said he sent me a bunch of larger images of various issues.

Oh and it is listed as a BIN because the link is to my 2nd Chance Offer.

I really think he is legit...we have corresponded quite a bit. What do you think about the deal? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think it's a scam, but if you think it's legit, then why bother posting this?

Just lay down the $$$ and tell us how it went.

Because I also wanted your input on whether you thought the books would be a good buy at $725 makepoint.gif

Sounds like you have already made up your mind. confused-smiley-013.gif I wouldn't touch this one myself, just too much money involved. Then again, it could turn out to be a great deal. Let us know how it goes...

Edit: if the books are real, it would be a good buy at $725 provided they are in decent shape, like F/VF or better.

Because I also wanted your input on whether you thought the books would be a good buy at $725 makepoint.gif

How would anyone know that? He doesn't list actual grades, he's a Goose-Egg seller, and I personally would have no confidence he would even send the books. In a worst case scenario, how much is air worth?

There are a ton of "What If's" that have to answered before even getting into the question of value.

I agree, since you are the only serious buyer so far it would be worth the drive to check them out in person. If the seller is serious he should be willing to meet you in person to swap books for money.

If all you are looking for is x-factor 6 I can get you a few nice copies wink.gif

Yes good deal, but only because X-Factor 6 is included. I thought you lived in Florida? Drive down to the beach and pick these bad boys up

Yep, I'm in Orlando and definitely considering that...its a 4-hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale so maybe I could bribe Jbone to take a look for me since he is right next door down there in S.Florida!

Yes good deal, but only because X-Factor 6 is included. I thought you lived in Florida? Drive down to the beach and pick these bad boys up

Yep, I'm in Orlando and definitely considering that...its a 4-hour drive to Ft. Lauderdale so maybe I could bribe Jbone to take a look for me since he is right next door down there in S.Florida!

I think Jbone moved to New Jersey. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif