• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Second Chance Offer on eBay X-Men lot...should I buy? Need opinions please!

29 posts in this topic

There have been a number of 2nd Chance scams on eBay recently. Make sure that you have communicated directly with the seller via email and that he in fact is the person who sent you the second chance offer. I have been offered fraudulent 2nd chance twice in the past six weeks.

I am very careful dealing with zero feedback sellers but it sounds like you have done some of the things that you need to protect yourself such as asking for scans of individual books to make sure that he has them, and not just pictures.

Also, protect yourself with PayPal insurance, or by using a credit card so you get some fraud insurance.

And then cross your fingers and tell us all if it works out for you. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifsmile.gif

if the books are legit and look almost as good has as the pictures it a great deal in my opinion

HOWEVER, $700 is way to much money for me to play with on a gamble

If you or someone gets to see them first thats one thing if not go with the motto:

"If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"

Well, I decided to turn down the second chance offer on these. We exchanged several more emails and I do believe he is legit. But the bottom line is that it really is too much money to risk without seeing the books in person...I probably would have taken the plunge had the price been a couple hundred less or if I had the time to drive down to Ft.Lauderdale. Dammit JBone, why did you have to move to Jersey! insane.gif

Anyway, I certainly do appreciate everyone's input...even JC's! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well, I decided to turn down the second chance offer on these. We exchanged several more emails and I do believe he is legit. But the bottom line is that it really is too much money to risk without seeing the books in person...I probably would have taken the plunge had the price been a couple hundred less or if I had the time to drive down to Ft.Lauderdale. Dammit JBone, why did you have to move to Jersey! insane.gif

Anyway, I certainly do appreciate everyone's input...even JC's! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I ask myself that every day! yay.gif