• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legitimate Non-Threatening Questions Posed To Matt Nelson

719 posts in this topic

Of course there was a substantive reason for my bringing your name up in the discussion. My point was that I don't think it's appropriate for any one collector's sensibilities to form the yardstick by which the rest of the industry's standards are created, or once created, later modified. You've been very vocal about your stance on disclosure since you got here and I think there's little question about where you stand on the issue. You're also one of the few people who have actually taken some steps (however small) to impose those opinions on the rest of the industry. There was nothing negative about my using your name in that context. poke2.gif

Soooooooo, no one should elect politicians because the views they offer happen to equate with your own? Everyone has to vocalize their own opinion even if it mirrors what someone else says?

All I have done is express my position through different forums and explain how those views were derived, just like you and a whole host of other people. I'm not sure how that equates to "imposing" my views on others. They can accept it or reject it, and many have done one or the other. Others remain on the fence. How can one advocate a position any other way?

You don't think Matt Nelson is trying to "impose" his views on the rest of the industry? Or CGC? I don't see their actions any differently than mine. Well, except of course, that I don't stand to gain any financial revenue from asserting my position. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Anyway, like I said above, your reference can be interpreted as a compliment, and I am sure Elizabeth would want you to compliment me, not insult me, so thanks! flowerred.gif

Or do we just say "OK, Mark Zaid decides what needs to be disclosed?"

Seems like the current state of affairs on these boards... screwy.gif

this funky graemlin was saying yea, what insufficiently_thoughtful_persons these forumite lemmings are for following Mark's leadscrewy.gif
This one says, what the heck are you talking about? And who you calling a Lemming? 893naughty-thumb.gif

screwy.gif

This one says you're all screwey.

screwy.gif exactly! I haven't said a darn thing in this thread for something like 24 hours. Held my tongue. Everybody kept telling me to cool my jets so here I am relaxing actually focusing on legal work today.

Yet, both FFB and Darth feel the need to bring me into this conversation for no apparent substantive reason. I appreciate that I am on your mind so much guys! acclaim.gif

Darth, you in fact have probably just insulted numerous people on the board (although I personally read it as a compliment to me with respect to my vast powers of persuasion and leadership ability), as I guess all my "foot soldiers" simply have no mind of their own to reach independent decisions. I'm glad you think so highly of your fellow forumites who have done nothing other than disagree with your philosophy or views.

Back to work for me, and off to the Nats-Yanks game. 893applaud-thumb.gif

screwy.gifI lost track of what this one was saying. Too many screwy.gif

Only you could read so much into a couple of meaningless graemlin posts. 27_laughing.gif

Just yours was meaningless. See above. poke2.gif

Now I REALLY think you have lost it. Once you start analyzing graemlin posts, the end is nigh. 27_laughing.gif

Darth, you in fact have probably just insulted numerous people on the board

We stopped listening to what Carl has to say about two years ago when he became an Overstreet spinn Dr. advisor. The same will happen with you any day now. thumbsup2.gif

Or do we just say "OK, Mark Zaid decides what needs to be disclosed?"

Seems like the current state of affairs on these boards... screwy.gif

this funky graemlin was saying yea, what insufficiently_thoughtful_persons these forumite lemmings are for following Mark's leadscrewy.gif
This one says, what the heck are you talking about? And who you calling a Lemming? 893naughty-thumb.gif

screwy.gif

This one says you're all screwey.

screwy.gif exactly! I haven't said a darn thing in this thread for something like 24 hours. Held my tongue. Everybody kept telling me to cool my jets so here I am relaxing actually focusing on legal work today.

Yet, both FFB and Darth feel the need to bring me into this conversation for no apparent substantive reason. I appreciate that I am on your mind so much guys! acclaim.gif

Darth, you in fact have probably just insulted numerous people on the board (although I personally read it as a compliment to me with respect to my vast powers of persuasion and leadership ability), as I guess all my "foot soldiers" simply have no mind of their own to reach independent decisions. I'm glad you think so highly of your fellow forumites who have done nothing other than disagree with your philosophy or views.

Back to work for me, and off to the Nats-Yanks game. 893applaud-thumb.gif

screwy.gifI lost track of what this one was saying. Too many screwy.gif

Only you could read so much into a couple of meaningless graemlin posts. 27_laughing.gif

Just yours was meaningless. See above. poke2.gif

Now I REALLY think you have lost it. Once you start analyzing graemlin posts, the end is nigh. 27_laughing.gif

Long day on CIA matters. 893censored-thumb.gif

Whether the grade is increased or not is irrelevant.

sign-funnypost.gif

Put down the bong for once and read the sentence in context.

I read it in context...and started laughing. Hence my response.

thumbsup2.gif

You forgot about the first half of my instruction. poke2.gif

Whether the grade is increased or not is irrelevant.

sign-funnypost.gif

Put down the bong for once and read the sentence in context.

I read it in context...and started laughing. Hence my response.

thumbsup2.gif

You forgot about the first half of my instruction. poke2.gif

I didn't forget. I just decided against it. acclaim.gif

Of course there was a substantive reason for my bringing your name up in the discussion. My point was that I don't think it's appropriate for any one collector's sensibilities to form the yardstick by which the rest of the industry's standards are created, or once created, later modified. You've been very vocal about your stance on disclosure since you got here and I think there's little question about where you stand on the issue. You're also one of the few people who have actually taken some steps (however small) to impose those opinions on the rest of the industry. There was nothing negative about my using your name in that context. poke2.gif

Jeez! I consider Mark a Johnny-come-lately to the discussion! He's a good one, but still, we've been hashing out most of the points he's debating for almost two years! smirk.gif

BTW....I file "finger pressing" under "red herring".

Have a good night, gents!

And Happy Father's Day Weekend to all the dad's out there! Including ZeMan, Matt Nelson, Darth, Doug Schmell, Old Guy, Nikos, Mica and all the rest!

headbang.gif

Yep, you got me. I'm completely incapable of independent thought. And of course, that being the case, why did I choose to follow Mark's philosophy on the subject and not yours? Perhaps he's the better debater 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Give us a little more credit here. People can agree through forming their own independent conclusions on this matter. Is your position influenced by Matt, or Foolkiller, or CGC's "imposing" their views on us? I may disagree with your view, but I won't insult you by saying you are incapapble of forming your own thoughts on the matter.

To a much earlier post by Silver Surfer, I too have seen books with that "just off the griddle" feel. One was a blue holdered Green Hornet book pressed so flat the spine was split part way through the paper the entire length. But it was a blue holdered book so it's "okay".

Yep, you got me. I'm completely incapable of independent thought. And of course, that being the case, why did I choose to follow Mark's philosophy on the subject and not yours? Perhaps he's the better debater 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Give us a little more credit here. People can agree through forming their own independent conclusions on this matter. Is your position influenced by Matt, or Foolkiller, or CGC's "imposing" their views on us? I may disagree with your view, but I won't insult you by saying you are incapapble of forming your own thoughts on the matter.

Whoa, Nellie! foreheadslap.gif I wasn't saying that you "foot soldiers" were swayed by Mark at all. All I said was that he has tried to impose his opinions on the industry. I know you're wayyyyy to independent a thinker to be swayed by someone else's opinion! 27_laughing.gif

To a much earlier post by Silver Surfer, I too have seen books with that "just off the griddle" feel. One was a blue holdered Green Hornet book pressed so flat the spine was split part way through the paper the entire length. But it was a blue holdered book so it's "okay".

And what was the grade? 9.8? hi.gif

Whoa, Nellie! foreheadslap.gif I wasn't saying that you "foot soldiers" were swayed by Mark at all. All I said was that he has tried to impose his opinions on the industry. I know you're wayyyyy to independent a thinker to be swayed by someone else's opinion! 27_laughing.gif

You don't think you're still being a little melo or overdramatic a tad, Scott? makepoint.gif "Impose my opinions on the industry"? So every time you offer your "opinion" to people on these boards or to Gemstone, and I have a feeling most would agree that you hold some strong opinions and don't hesitate to express them, you're just offering an alternative viewpoint worthy of consideration?

And I notice you conveniently neglected to respond to whether you think Matt Nelson is equally trying to "impose" his views on the rest of the industry? Or CGC, a company that merely started in 1999? But then again no reason to question their for-profit motives for advocating one position over any other. G-d save the Queen! foreheadslap.gif

FFBs just being obsinate. I dont know why.... Its like we opendthe door to the argument clinic, and FFB was behind the door talking about bending back corners and stuff just to be argumentary. Dont worry, when our money runs out he'll stop.

And what was the grade? 9.8? hi.gif

I am not saying all pressed books have that pancake look, but I have seen some in blue holders.