• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

Man, I haven't posted any new Fox books to this thread in a dog's age! (But am hoping to very soon.) :wishluck:

In the meantime, anyone up for a Kooba Cola Treasure Hunt? (Kids, don't forget to send in your list of newsdealers willing to stock Kooba! We love it when you do our work for us for free!)

41269-ww20back.jpg

Kooba is one of the more interesting oddities from Fox.

There were plenty of ads, and even display signs created for the drink. Does a bottle survive today?

I think of Kooba as the Motion Picture Funnies Weekly of cola.

I did a search of the Kooba Cola name at the Patent and Trademark Office looking for information about the product, but I didn't find anything. Apparently they never trademarked the name.

Of note, however, is the fact that in recent years, a company has trademarked the Kooba name for a variety of products including:

Bath gels; Body creams; Body lotions; Cosmetics; Hair care lotions; Hair conditioner; Lip gloss; Lip liner; Lipstick; Non-medicated lip care preparations; Perfume; Potpourri; Room fragrances; Scented room sprays; Shampoos; Shower gels; Soaps for personal use; Sun block preparations; Sun screen, Bandanas; Bathrobes; Beach coverups; Blazers; Blouses; Caps; Coats; Dresses; Footwear; Gloves; Handbags; Hats; Jackets; Luggage; Mittens; Pajamas; Pants; Ponchos; Rainwear; Scarves; Shawls; Shirts; Shoes; Skirts; Sleepwear; Socks; Suits; Sweaters; Swim wear; T-shirts; Tops; Undergarments; Vests.

Hello Guys,

I am a french collector and I already post on this forum. I published now a very confidential fanzine regarding french translation of super heros story.

For my number 3 I need some help regarding fox issue.

I already identified 3 of Yarko Story published in France in 1940 :

The Old Hex House from Wonder Comics # 2

The Judge's Wife and the Smugglers from Wonderworld Comics # 4

The Blood Power from Wonderworld Comics # 6

All thank's to GCD.

I work now on two new Yarko story.

In the first, a man is bumped by a car but Yarko discover he is dead by a bullet. Just after he is invited by a man named Wladim in his castle and discover he is a black magic practionner.

In the second, a man leave a cemetery and kill a car driver. He drive through London and leave the corpse to a bobby.

The bobby call to Yarko. Meanwhile the mysterious guy go to limehouse and contact some thugs to kill Yarko.

If any body recognize this two story (before june 1940) thank's to tell me from what Fox Comics the came from.

Edited by jmf

[...]In the first, a man is bumped by a car but Yarko discover he is dead by a bullet. Just after he is invited by a man named Wladim in his castle and discover he is a black magic practionner.

I think this one was published in Wonderworld Comics # 5 reprint in the Blue Beetle # 1 (postnamed Vladim the voodo master in GCD).

I still look the second and I suspect it is Death and the Devil from Wonderworld Comics # 4.

Many Blue Beetle stories was published in France and I suspect many are from Blue Beetle # 1.

Edited by jmf

Man, I haven't posted any new Fox books to this thread in a dog's age! (But am hoping to very soon.) :wishluck:

Hell yeah. :banana:

Beautiful book, congrats ! (worship), I just finished going through this thread and now have a LOT of stuff on my shopping list, lol:)

Hey folks, here's a page from the "Perisphere Payne" feature in Science #4.

You've seen "oriental menace" stories before from the late '30s, but how many 2-headed oriental menace stories have you seen? hm hm

42000-sci4page.jpg

You've seen "oriental menace" stories before from the late '30s, but how many 2-headed oriental menace stories have you seen? hm hm

42000-sci4page.jpg

Two Heads?

Great page. Thanks for posting.

Jack

Two Heads?

Jack

Love the page and enjoyed the reference (thumbs u (Been a while since I listened to Jefferson Airplane!!)

I also particularly relish the stilted dialogue on that page. Whheeeww. Even worse than I am ...

Two Heads?

Jack

Love the page and enjoyed the reference (thumbs u (Been a while since I listened to Jefferson Airplane!!)

I also particularly relish the stilted dialogue on that page. Whheeeww. Even worse than I am ...

Now throw in those great covers by Fine, Simon, Patenaude and Rice and you see why these pre-War Fox books can't be beat!!!! jb