• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

I really like Mystery Men 1 too (it's a great issue), but that enormous price jump in the Guide some years ago didn't do the book any favors.

I guess you must be referring to that piddly little price jump from $2,100 in guide one year all the way up to $8,500 the next year. Nothing to see here as this is just your typical OS price increase of 305% in one year. lol

Seriously though, that indeed was an absolute killer as it basically put up a brick wall on one of the hottest books in the marketplace at the time. I still don't think the book has recovered from this shock, even after more than 10 years have now gone by.

Makes you wonder what would happen to 'Tec 35 if OS was to jack the guide price from $21K up to something like $50K as many people have suggested that he should be doing. hm

I really like Mystery Men 1 too (it's a great issue), but that enormous price jump in the Guide some years ago didn't do the book any favors.

I guess you must be referring to that piddly little price jump from $2,100 in guide one year all the way up to $8,500 the next year. Nothing to see here as this is just your typical OS price increase of 305% in one year. lol

Seriously though, that indeed was an absolute killer as it basically put up a brick wall on one of the hottest books in the marketplace at the time. I still don't think the book has recovered from this shock, even after more than 10 years have now gone by.

Makes you wonder what would happen to 'Tec 35 if OS was to jack the guide price from $21K up to something like $50K as many people have suggested that he should be doing. hm

well, I haven't actively collected Fox MM, but I can tell you that in the last 3 years, I have yet to really see a tec 35 sell for less than 4-5x guide...so, the market already has priced it at that, irregardless of what overstreet does...I think in today's "instant" market, the prices in overstreet have truly become little more than a passing thought to some (not all mind you)... when I was actively buying GA in the early 90's, OSPG was my bible...now, I just tend to forget about it, check ebay , or major dealers/heritage/clink, or rely on my own observations to guage what price I should hope to pay...

Hey, thanks Ryan!

And speaking of reading...I haven't posted a Fox story in a long time. Direct from Weird #9, here comes the Eagle story, with the first appearances of recurring villains The Beast and The Gimp. I think it's a keeper. Hope you guys enjoy!

53108-p1.jpg

Finally catching up with some GA scans. Many thanks to Sharon for this Weird Comics #9! Too bad about the tape, but it's the perfect reading copy. Another one off the list...

53107-weird9sm.jpg

p5, nice pick up....funny, just a few hours ago I emailed skypinkblu about this book, only to hear it was yours...congrats!

Hey mate... :shy: That is funny. Are you working on a Weird run too?

nope, just wanted a few examples and 9 was on my short list...

I am picking up a few Fox books here and there, just neat ones