• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

Rick, I'll let you know if I come across another #9. I don't think it's the toughest issue to find...in fact, another copy just went by on ebay last week (seller was the infamous Silver Age Comics). Good luck.... (thumbs u

Rick, I'll let you know if I come across another #9. I don't think it's the toughest issue to find...in fact, another copy just went by on ebay last week (seller was the infamous Silver Age Comics). Good luck.... (thumbs u

ugh, I missed it!...I also missed their Detective Eye 2, due to bad weather...

I am going after the Windy City Mystery Men 1 they have on consignment :wishluck:

That Mystery Men #1 is smokin'. (worship)

I started on an early Mystery Men run last year, but didn't get too far and decided to stop...decided that they're just too darn pricey for me. (I'm still the proud owner of a #2, though!)

53111-p4.jpg53119-p10.jpg

P5, thanks for posting the story. :applause:

I love the simplistic nature of stories back then.

"Hey, kid. You want to move in with me and be my crime fighting partner?"

Ha Ha. You gotta love it. :screwy:

Based on the Eagle's costume the subtext reads more like

"Hey Kid, have you ever seen a grown man naked?"

If anyone from the GCD (Grand Comicbook Database) is viewing, this is the correct cover for Green Mask #5 1941 (they have the V2 #5 listed twice).

53184-greenmask5.jpg

Edited by FUELMAN