• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEAD OF NIGHT #1 (NM/Mint) frickin' stellar copy, come and get it!!!!

31 posts in this topic

Alright boys...before I bring this one to the 'Bay.

Here's a bronze age horror book that I've had in my collection for a while now...and it is NICE.

Not to split hairs, I'm calling it an EASY 9.6

Some might call it 9.8, but as we all know, the black cover books are a b i t c h.

SO....here's a pic....it's bright, tight and out of sight.

Sharp corners, well....check 'er out.

Asking $150 shipped (within the US) , if you don't like it, packer 'er back up and send it back and I'll fully refund your money.

don1.jpg

Why is everyone ing on his thread? If you don't think it's graded correctly, move on. If you don't think it's priced correctly, move on. Don't wreck a potential sale by throwing in your two cents. This isn't the place for it. mad.gif

Why is everyone ing on his thread? If you don't think it's graded correctly, move on. If you don't think it's priced correctly, move on. Don't wreck a potential sale by throwing in your two cents. This isn't the place for it. mad.gif
You mean like you would do with Greggy's threads?

You mean like you would do with Greggy's threads?

I don't have a clue what you are talking about. confused-smiley-013.gif

hear, hear! sumo.gif

I am just saying that If you price something 5 times guide it should atleast be in a slab

Wellll - maybe. It all depends upon the book & the buyer! Besides, Rich said he was *asking* for that price - I'm sure he would be open to a decent offer. confused-smiley-013.gif And, yeah, it would probably generate more heat in a slab, but 3-cheers for non-slabbed stuff, too.

Good luck with the book, Rich.

I am just saying that If you price something 5 times guide it should atleast be in a slab

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard . . . sumo.gifscrewy.gif

Why would that be the stupidest thing you have ever heard?

I am not bothered by what Rich asks for his comics, they are his and he sets his prices based on what he feels he can get for them.

Kris made a point and I think it is a very valid one on his part...for 5 times guide, the book being a secure grade (graded by CGC) is not being unreasonable? confused-smiley-013.gif

He does have a money back guarantee.

Does that include slabbing fees if it comes back from CGC trimmed? (One shouldn't expect it just for the grade because you can examine it yourself and decide whether you think it's a 9.6 and return it if you don't think so, resto is trickier.)

I am not bothered by what Rich asks for his comics, they are his and he sets his prices based on what he feels he can get for them.

Kris made a point and I think it is a very valid one on his part...for 5 times guide, the book being a secure grade (graded by CGC) is not being unreasonable? confused-smiley-013.gif

A book is what it is. It may be shocking to some of you, but slabbing a book does not make it a better book. Take off your blinders, and you might see that there are thousands, 10's of thousands, nay, hundreds of thousands of uber-high grade books not sealed in plastic. grin.gif

Price has nothing to do with a slab. Price is determined by the marketplace. hi.gif

A book is what it is. It may be shocking to some of you, but slabbing a book does not make it a better book. Take off your blinders, and you might see that there are thousands, 10's of thousands, nay, hundreds of thousands of uber-high grade books not sealed in plastic. grin.gif

Price has nothing to do with a slab. Price is determined by the marketplace. hi.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif...really?:

Of course you also realize there are plenty of people out there that are trying to pass of uber-high grade books as 10.0s or close to it, that are not even close. (and that again, has nothing to do with this book, just commenting on what you stated)

Rich, looks like a gem!