• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bought them raw on ebay, now selling them CGCed

8 posts in this topic

my auctions on ebay

I was able to win a few raw golden-age comics on eBay some time back.. The description they were sold as in the auction was "excellent condition" I thought I would take a chance and I was able to win about 10 from this seller who also had a very low rating and didn't take Paypal.

Well, it paid off.. these books were just amazing 893whatthe.gif

There was a nice run of World's Finest and Star Spangled comics that came from this collection.. Most were graded and sold on comiclink. Almost all were CGC'ed at 9.2/9.4 with OW/W pages.. I just wish I was more aggressive in the bidding at the time. Just shows that Gems can be found on eBay if your willing to take the risk.

my auctions in ebay

Yes, infact there was two sellers in two different states that were selling them at the same time on ebay. Both claim they didn't know each other, but both said they had purchased the collection at the same estate.. Funny thing is that both didn't know anything about comics.. insane.gif

Just shows that Gems can be found on eBay if your willing to take the risk.

So true, so true. I have scored wonderful books on the basis of a grainy digital picture and descriptions like 'comic is in great shape!'.

It's a [embarrassing lack of self control] shoot (and sometime you truly do get [embarrassing lack of self control]) but sometimes I just look at a non-descript listing and it just 'feels right'.

Well done, and I hope you make out like a bandit on these! thumbsup2.gif

Shep

So true, so true. I have scored wonderful books on the basis of a grainy digital picture and descriptions like 'comic is in great shape!'.

Like I've stated before, there are many great collections coming to light every day, with the only difference being that many are hitting EBay rather than being scammed by a dealer.

That is sweet when you actually get books in their advertised grades.

I just got half 1/2 dozen advertised as NMs this week that will make nice paper planes. boo.gif