• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego submissions

34 posts in this topic

I am thinking of sending this in for 3 or 4 signatures. I want to get Carmine Infantino, Sheldon Moldoff and Jim Mooney. Here is the page from comics.org that tells what everyone did. http://www.comics.org/details.lasso?id=21685

I was talking to Kris and he also suggested adding Jerry Robinson since he created Robin and the Joker. Do you guys think I should add Robinson?

Batman199.jpg

I am thinking of sending this in for 3 or 4 signatures. I want to get Carmine Infantino, Sheldon Moldoff and Jim Mooney. Here is the page from comics.org that tells what everyone did. http://www.comics.org/details.lasso?id=21685

I was talking to Kris and he also suggested adding Jerry Robinson since he created Robin and the Joker. Do you guys think I should add Robinson?

Batman199.jpg

yes sir!

Since Robinson did not actually work on the book, No. I really hate seeing sigs on books by artists/writers who had nothing to do with the creation of a book. In my eyes, it would devalue it. Definitely get Robinsons sig, just not on this book. (When I met him, I had him sign my Batman Archive book).

Does anyone else want to give me their opinion?

I would only get a writer/artist to sign a book that they didn't work on if they created one of the characters in that book, and you didn't have any other books that he did.

For example, a tough person to have sign a book is Mart Nodell. There aren't very many modern or reprinted books that he has done. Which leaves stuff like the original 1940's Green Lantern series. However, he did create the original Green Lantern.

Jerry Robinson to me does not fall into the catagory of someone who would be hard to find a book he has worked on. He has had a ton of stuff reprinted that are very affordable.

And since you are already getting 3 others for that book, it might take away from the book to get an additional signature that doesn't really belong.

Does anyone else want to give me their opinion?

I would only get a writer/artist to sign a book that they didn't work on if they created one of the characters in that book, and you didn't have any other books that he did.

For example, a tough person to have sign a book is Mart Nodell. There aren't very many modern or reprinted books that he has done. Which leaves stuff like the original 1940's Green Lantern series. However, he did create the original Green Lantern.

Jerry Robinson to me does not fall into the catagory of someone who would be hard to find a book he has worked on. He has had a ton of stuff reprinted that are very affordable.

And since you are already getting 3 others for that book, it might take away from the book to get an additional signature that doesn't really belong.

very nicely stated!

Bottom line it is up to Darrell, it will be SSd either way. I think I would go for another book for his signature alone (and I am sure you have some!)

Has DC ever reprinted All American #16 in standard comic form? I wanted to get Nodell's sig but didn't want to shell out the $$$ for the archives book.

Has DC ever reprinted All American #16 in standard comic form? I wanted to get Nodell's sig but didn't want to shell out the $$$ for the archives book.

It looks like it was only reprinted in the Archives.

http://www.comics.org/search.lasso?type=penciller&query=nodell&sort=alpha&Submit=Search