• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supapimp actually Matt Murdock in disguise??????

11 posts in this topic

Was flipping through the latest Wizard while waiting in line at the bank and found this, on page 175:

DAREDEVIL ANNUAL #1 (CGC 9.4)

While the $168 final price was very impressive, we guess that the seller could have gotten an even higher price if they didn't try to be clever with the "Shift" key. Headers like "DaReDeViL aNnUaL" typically get less than normally typed titles. It's like Matt Murdock was at the keyboard.

OH MY GOD! Supapimp is actually Matt Murdock!!!! gossip.gif893whatthe.gifgossip.gif893whatthe.gifgossip.gif

Was flipping through the latest Wizard while waiting in line at the bank and found this, on page 175:

DAREDEVIL ANNUAL #1 (CGC 9.4)

While the $168 final price was very impressive, we guess that the seller could have gotten an even higher price if they didn't try to be clever with the "Shift" key. Headers like "DaReDeViL aNnUaL" typically get less than normally typed titles. It's like Matt Murdock was at the keyboard.

I saw that...

I guess the seller was soem old fart trying to act hip and young by typing leet speek (or his version of it anyway.)

Brand identity is everything... even when it's silly...

And the fact that I knew from reading a write-up in Wizard that the auction was from Supa... well that's brand recognition you just can't buy...

I find it annoying too... but I know from the search results who I am dealing with... I just didn't know he was actually Matt Murdock.

I told him that before, it's so 90's. Noone does that anymore and it's annoying to read.

Brian

Yes, it reminds me of my early internet days. Even though some of the auctions I know were by Supa - I just couldn't get involved. I have such a dIsTaStE FoR tHaT kInD oF tYpINg.

Brand identity is everything... even when it's silly...And the fact that I knew from reading a write-up in Wizard that the auction was from Supa... well that's brand recognition you just can't buy...

You are right about the brand rcognition thing 'house. When I saw that in Wizard I also thought that it came from one of pimpy's auctions.

Pimpy, get some more books listed on eBay asap, Wizard says you are hot, so cash in quick! grin.gifacclaim.gif