• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Sweet FF#55 Silver Surfer Cover

41 posts in this topic

Mike the book looks really nice, but is that yellowing on the back cover an ink transfer stain? If so it would take the book down quite a bit (maybe a 6.5), but a 8.5 other wise....because i think i see a few other small spine stresses....if they are not there, 9.0...sweet book!

Mike, I think your scanner's on acid . . . 27_laughing.gif

Nice copy (if I put my shades on!) thumbsup2.gif

Yea, I just got a new scanner today for Father's Day. I haven't quite got the hang of the settings yet. Maybe the brightness control .....

Mike, you may need to "smooth" the scan out a bit, not to hide flaws but so that the pixels all connect and better repesent the book...that and brightness/contrast will help.

Roy.

Mike the book looks really nice, but is that yellowing on the back cover an ink transfer stain? If so it would take the book down quite a bit (maybe a 6.5), but a 8.5 other wise....because i think i see a few other small spine stresses....if they are not there, 9.0...sweet book!

That yellowing isn't an ink transfer, it is just aging. I am not sure why the 2 upper corners didn't age the same way. There are indeed 2 tiny stress marks near the blacked out building.

On my scanner, I found the auto color wasn't on. I'll give it another try. Thanks.

The corners are banged up a bit on all 4.

Tiny little chip on the edge next to the comics code stamp.

Top staple is showing signs of wear.

And with what you said about the back cover being what it is...

Unfortunately I think the others saying 9.0 is way too high for this book.

I'm going to say a 7.5-8.0. I'd be happier if the back cover had even discoloration but those top corners make it look worse than it really is.

sorry sorry.gif

I'm going to say a 7.5-8.0. I'd be happier if the back cover had even discoloration but those top corners make it look worse than it really is.

sorry sorry.gif

Dear BF,

There's no way in hello that this book is a 7.5. makepoint.gif

sincerely,

-D

insane.gif

Mike,

Much better, although it is still a little pixelated, and I see some ink bleed (which I don't think is there).

Can we see the BC with your, ahem, new settings?

thumbsup2.gif

-d

sorry sorry.gif

Dear BF,

sincerely,

-D

insane.gif

tonofbricks.gif

I admit, I'm sometimes overly strict! confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm just saying that I think the back cover really brings this issue down as we see it now. Especially at the top corners.

Plus I'm willing to bet that with the staple crease we can see at the top that there are a few non-color breaking creases at the bottom stable.

Oh well...

sorry sorry.gif

Dear BF,

sincerely,

-D

insane.gif

tonofbricks.gif

I admit, I'm sometimes overly strict! confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm just saying that I think the back cover really brings this issue down as we see it now. Especially at the top corners.

Plus I'm willing to bet that with the staple crease we can see at the top that there are a few non-color breaking creases at the bottom stable.

Oh well...

Ok i'll buy all books you will sell on boards if you're sooooo strict 27_laughing.gif

i really thinks that book is 9.0 .... a sweet 9.0 cloud9.gif