• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 5 Grail Art Day!

9 posts in this topic

I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time and managed to get into a 4-way deal that landed Steve Morger one of his grails (the Rima #1 complete story by Nestor Redondo, as detailed on ComicArt-L recently) and me one of my top 5 grail pieces - the Vampirella #39 frontispiece by Jose Gonzalez. It's definitely the best known of his 28 published pencil frontispieces and one of the definitive images of Vampirella. I'm thrilled to reunite this with the inside back cover of Vampirella #39 which I picked up earlier this year. Thanks to Steve and everyone else involved in getting the stars aligned and this piece into my collection!

Gene

1278364-JoseGonzalezVampirella%2339frontispiecelarge.jpg

589a90dbcb525_1278364-JoseGonzalezVampirella39frontispiecelarge.jpg.037ae135d310fc46460e18e8d3443c13.jpg

I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time and managed to get into a 4-way deal that landed Steve Morger one of his grails (the Rima #1 complete story by Nestor Redondo, as detailed on ComicArt-L recently) and me one of my top 5 grail pieces - the Vampirella #39 frontispiece by Jose Gonzalez. It's definitely the best known of his 28 published pencil frontispieces and one of the definitive images of Vampirella. I'm thrilled to reunite this with the inside back cover of Vampirella #39 which I picked up earlier this year. Thanks to Steve and everyone else involved in getting the stars aligned and this piece into my collection!

Gene

1278364-JoseGonzalezVampirella%2339frontispiecelarge.jpg

Congrats, buddy! Let's see a scan of the inside back cover (did you post it?).

Nice, though I still think your watercolor version is the nicest piece in your collection.

That's the sure sign of a grail: You're willing to give up quality to get quality.

Congrats to you both! Not just for achieving your respective grails, but for pulling off a FOUR-WAY trade! I'm going to call Steve "Billy Beane" from now on (even moreso because he's an A's fan).