• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales 105

10 posts in this topic

This is my last one that I scanned. I really like this book, I totally agree with the grade given..I'm just posting it b/c a lot of ppl like these old STT's. Anyways, I got this from BlazingBob (who is the best raw grader I've seen out of the national dealer's I've dealt with)

STT105_.jpg

The scuff in the S of Strange is on the plastic holder, I didn't want to take it out of the holder frown.gif

If you read this, thanks for the book Bob!

Brian

Sweet book.

NM- only because I can faintly see some small spine dents, although it may be the scan.

Are you sending it in?

I'm not sure. I'd prefer to have a nice STT run of 101-109 raw but I don't think it'll be possible to get higher grade early STT's un-cgced. frown.gif

That and they're almost impossible to find either way, sort of like that 107 we're bidding on..I thought for sure I'd have a shot at it at my bid but it's like double what I bid now frown.gif

Brian

That and they're almost impossible to find either way, sort of like that 107 we're bidding on..I thought for sure I'd have a shot at it at my bid but it's like double what I bid now

You mean #108. Yeah. I'm not surprised. I put in a watch-bid because I knew prices would rise very quickly. Early STT in 9.4 are excellent preformers because they're scarcely for sale. And the FF covers especially do well.

The one I really want in 9.2+ is #107(Torch Vs. Subby cover).

I'd also like a STT 106, I'd still prefer it to be raw..but for that book CGC would be fine. If I'd known it'd be THIS hard I would've gone after that 9.2 that sold in Jan.

Brian

What's the difference between raw and slabbed? If you're waiting to find the earlier ones raw, good luck! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

BTW, what did Bob grade it as, and how much did you pay?

If it's raw I can get it cheaper, plus I really prefer seeing these covers without a big piece of plastic over them. Here's my STT 123 that Drummy wanted a scan of. I'm a huge fan of this series, it's just really pricey for me as I really don't like anything about it other than the covers. tongue.gif

STT123.jpg

AK,

Bob graded it a VF/NM, I agreed with him. It's got a bit of light discoloration on the back of the cover which puts it there IMO.

Here's my STT 123 that Drummy wanted a scan of. I'm a huge fan of this series, it's just really pricey for me as I really don't like anything about it other than the covers.

There is some amazing Dr Strange artwork by Ditko in the 110 up Strange Tales, which is the main reason I collect them. Its also why I, like you Brian, prefer to have tham raw. I just wish SD did more of the covers.