• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The incredible shrinking........

7 posts in this topic

price on this Adventure 210.

I noticed it on Comiclink for months. It was originally posted with a price tag of around $900. Which, for a GVG is a pretty aggressive number. It got a bid of 450 at some point. But since then nothing, as the price has continued to go lower, and lower. Its now at 500 and getting much more reasonable. But, since the 450 is an old expired bid, what happens if anew bid i snever placed and the seller decides to settle for LESS than 500?

I noticed it on Comiclink for months. It was originally posted with a price tag of around $900. Which, for a GVG is a pretty aggressive number. It got a bid of 450 at some point. But since then nothing, as the price has continued to go lower, and lower. Its now at 500 and getting much more reasonable. But, since the 450 is an old expired bid, what happens if anew bid i snever placed and the seller decides to settle for LESS than 500?

Is that a trick question? confused-smiley-013.gif

well, more like a Comiclink question. Guess he has to relist it from scratch to make the obsolete bid disappear so new lower bids can be accepted by the system.

Well, we can talk amongst ourselves here and speculate endlessly like a bunch of Aristotlean scholars who hypothesized (incorrectly as it turned out) about how the human body worked without actually ever inspecting the human body to get the answers, or you could just email Comiclink and get the real answer!

And maybe they'll even reset the listing so you can win the book for $450. gossip.gif

Ive got one thanx. (I posted a scan, remember???) Just kinda sad watching teh price tag go down. LIke the commercials for that clothing store where everything gets marked down each week until it sells!

Ive got one thanx. (I posted a scan, remember???) Just kinda sad watching teh price tag go down. LIke the commercials for that clothing store where everything gets marked down each week until it sells!

I think it's a good thing. In my opinion, actual transactions at realistic prices is preferable to a bunch of unrealistic asking prices and no actual transactions. The former is a liquid and healthy market that is establishing an equilibrium, while the latter is an extremely illiquid and unhealthy market where everyone is casting about in the dark.

I have had this happen to me.Comiclink will send you an email informing you that the price has changed on an item you once bid on, and thereby give you another opportunity at the item.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif