• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long live the Reprints

55 posts in this topic

What avatar? I finally got a chance to use a photo of myself! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(You know, I read in the NY Times this morning that these two scientists invented a machine that they've used to send a recorder back to the dawn of time.....and it didn't affect the future at all.)

Neither holds a torch (no pun intended) to the originals.

I would respectfully disagree...I happen to like the "new" covers to MGC # 35-38...nothing spectacular mind you, but pretty cool considering these were simply "reprints" of the original Galactus saga.

They could have gotten the "same cover, different colors" treatment that many reprint issues in the 70s got.

I started collecting runs of the 25 cent giants back in the mid 80s. I had never paid over guide for anything in my life. The shop I bought from got a nice collection in & wanted double guide for the filler issues like Marvel Tales 10-29, etc. It was hard to complain, as even double guide was only like a buck a book. That stuff was dirt cheap in the day. Here's one of my favorite childhood covers.

msh21.jpg