• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storage

19 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm pretty new to the OA scene. I have four pages, a bunch of large sketches and some comissions. To day I've just been putting them in cheap frames and hanging them in my hall. Aside from the damage to the paper by not using conservation/archival framing foreheadslap.gif , I'm going to need to store these pages for a while off the wall (long story).

Were do I find those portfolios with the transparent pockets that I see most OA for sale in at shows? That would allow me to still take a look / show off the art to select friends while storing them until I can get them up on the wall again?

Many thanks,

Ubie X

Itoyas are awesome, but I hate that DC art boards are just slightly too big to fit in the 11 X 17 models. Of course I found this out after I had filled up a good chunk of my 11 X 17 Itoya with art that actually fit in it, heh.

I bought all my portfolios from Anthony Snyder as his product can store the oversized pages. I also have one 14x19 portfolio to store those oddball pages that are even larger than the norm.

On this topic, has anyone ever seen 11x14 portfolios for sale?

IMO . . .

Buy Mylar and store them in that on a shelf. For your nicer pieces go with a acid free backer board. If you only have a few pieces, get a nicer hard cased portfolio to which the Mylars can sit in.

Unfortunately, unless the artwork is totally clean, there is a chance that it can stick to the "archival" portfolios. All it took was one damaged piece for me to ditch my 10 plus portfolios and go ALL Mylar.

I have found the most affordable place to get them in all sizes is http://www.egerber.com

G'Luck.

Many thanks guys,

I managed to find a supplier in Canada carrying the 13" x 19" version so I ordered a pair.

Ubie X

where did you get it?

s

Sorry, should have posted a link ...

Island Blue

Ubie X

Stanicus before you order from there, I only paid around 25.00 CAD for my 13x19 Itoyas from the local art store. You may want to look around a little to find the best price.

I scoured the town I live in (Peterborough) and no one had these. I would imagine some store in a big city like Ottawa would have some.

Ubie X

Haha, Ottawa a big city? That's the first I've heard that said. It's all good though. I was just surprised at the pricing to order them online.

I can feel your pain though. I can't remember what it was but I wanted to order something and the art store told me no problem they could order it for me so I trek down there and then when I get there they ask if I only wanted one box. I'm like, "one box"? Apparently they could order what I wanted but I had to order a minimum of one box and there was 10 in there.

For some reason I think it was these portfolios. I ended up buying them at another art store though.

Stanicus before you order from there, I only paid around 25.00 CAD for my 13x19 Itoyas from the local art store. You may want to look around a little to find the best price.

thanks for the info! i will flip through the yellow pages to find some art stores. at least i have an idea of what the price range is.

stan

I get mine from ultrechart.com They carry all the various sizes, and they go on sale ($10-$20 depending on size) about four times a year. Get on the mailing list and they send you coupons for free shipping and further discounts (5%-20% off). Great online art supply store.

Brian