• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS 59 9.6 on ebay...a scam?

14 posts in this topic

The comic was deemed legit. You would not believe what that seller had to go through because of STUPIDMAN'S chickenry on the eBay Comics Board today. For shame - and those who defended and CONDONE Stupidman's unethical methods of obtaining information of the comic he had NO INTENTION of buying. He is blaming the folks here on CGC for getting this started.

CAL 893naughty-thumb.gif

The comic was deemed legit. You would not believe what that seller had to go through because of STUPIDMAN'S chickenry on the eBay Comics Board today. For shame - and those who defended and CONDONE Stupidman's unethical methods of obtaining information of the comic he had NO INTENTION of buying. He is blaming the folks here on CGC for getting this started.

CAL 893naughty-thumb.gif

If the book was legit, then I do apologize for "getting this started"...BUT the book looked suspect ie. very fuzzy scan, the 9.6 off center, etc. Unlike Stupidman, I WAS interested in buying this book and if the book really was real and the auction was real, then please, Cal, apologize to the seller for me. I emailed the seller and asked nicely for better pics as well as the CGC barcode # and a day and a half later received an email stating the book had sold already. I guess there are bigger risk takers than me out there.

What is even more galling is how the others defended Stupidmans's actions. It is OK to lie in order to and I quote: " To make the CGC folks look like fools". Let me tell you guys/gals a thing or two:

1) CGC is definitely a much-needed service and I hope they survive

2) CGC comic collecting is a form of collecting and TRUE hobbyists would have no problem with that. Those who are against CGC, PSA, BGS want to sell their overpriced overgraded junk and no longer can do so. What other motivation could a human being possibly have to hate, and yes that word hate is used in proper context here, CGC/PSA/BGS, etc? The anti-CGC-ers agenda is easy to see and should NOT be tolerated. I have tried to re-itrerate this point to Mr. Borock many times, but Mr. Borock is much more tolerant than I could ever be( I have NO tolerance for misbehavior/hateful antics). Mr. Borock is a nice-natured man, I am too but when I decide to stand my ground and fight back I am not nice at all.

3) This very CGC Forum gets FAR more activity than the eBay Comics Chat could EVER get because of the hateful enviornment that a certain trio over there ensure; if they do not "approve" of you in any way they feel fit, they flame, harrass, bait, ridicule, lie, gang up on, threaten, persecute, and anything they can to get you to quit posting on eBay's public Board.

I hope many on all boards read this. The ones who REALLY know the score I outlined hee is true. The ones who agree with cowardice and chickenry can start with your snide comments anytime soon. Don't dissapoint me.

CAL popcorn.gif

Hi Cal...

I don't really understand your argument...maybe you misunderstood my original post...I wasn't questioning the grading of the book, I was questioning whether or not the auction was real...maybe I missed something confused-smiley-013.gif

I am not questioning CGC or the need for it...I actually believe it is good for the hobby and I submit books to be graded and buy mostly cgc books...who exactly is bashing cgc in this thread?

As far as stupidman looking for info on the book without the intention to buy...if he was doing it in order to prove or disprove the validity of the auction and to possibly save somebody 1500.00 on a book that might not exist, I am OK with that.

I started this thread to get some opinions...there are too many rip off artists on ebay and I don't need 1500.00 tied up in paypal/cc litigation if it turns out to be a scam.

From what I have seen people on these boards try to help each other, whether it's in teaching, sharing scans, helping to fill holes in collections and even on a personal level with the accident in richnerds family...these boards have helped me to avoid possible ewert books as well as contact people who have books that I want...

I am not sure where your rant is coming from so please elaborate if you can...

They are bashing CGC on the eBay Comics Board - I can tell you8 don't read much there because of how you worded your response. But that is good in itself - they have not influenced you nor harmed your rep.

CAL hi.gif

At that price it has to be a scam and you have to watch those guys from the Carolina's.

893whatthe.gifHEY!!! I was born there.In a secret Government lab beneath Duke University.Actually,if I remember correctly,North Carolina was one giant penal colony back in the pre revolutionary days.I guess it's in our blood... insane.gif.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif