• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Wonderworld Comics #22 and #24 (1941)

2 posts in this topic

Some of you will remember these two books from my GA sale in April. There was some tire-kicking on these, but no takers. Prices have been dropped one more time...any interest before they go to ebay? hi.gif

Wonderworld #22 & #24. I just love these early Fox books…even without Lou Fine on board, some highly entertaining superhero stories here (including The Black Lion, a nifty Batman knockoff!), & even the ads reward a second look. I'd grade both of these around Good/Good-. Both issues have detached cover wraps, with archival tape discreetly sealing spines from inside…solid, supple reading copies. Both display well for the grade, with strong color and quite a bit of gloss left. #24 has a cool black cover, pretty rare for a Fox. Back cover scans here (#22) and here (#24). The back covers and centerfolds of both books advertise Kooba Cola, which apparently never existed (a Victor Fox scheme that didn't get off the ground), & the centerfold ads tell kids to send in their Kooba bottle caps for prizes (wow, you only needed to send in 5,975 bottle caps for a table tennis set!). Pages on both books are creamy & very supple. Great early GA superhero books! #22 is $44, #24 is $48, or take both for $88

ww22.jpg

ww24.jpg