• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Doesn't Look Like a Bad Deal....

17 posts in this topic

I would have hit that BIN in a second if I'd have seen it first.

I sat there staring at the BIN, and my impression was that it's a pricing mistake and was not worth my time.

I never try and "get deals" when I know I'm going to have a hassle later, but others feel free to test the waters. grin.gif

Robb got a great deal there - $150 book ; however, best of luck collecting that from toywiz.com or any dealer. They'll hide behind an error in listing and that they didn't get a chance to correct it yet 893blahblah.gif

but since he paid with Paypal or what ever and checked it out dont that mean Toywiz accepted payment and deal is over?

Ha, ha, ha, ha...you get the point.

All the seller has to do is hit the refund button on the Paypal site, and there you go...instant re-listing of a Wolverine 10 CGC 9.8 with maybe an opening bid of 19.95/99, but a MUCH larger BIN (if one at all, that book could easily see bidding action on it that gets it up to 60+ dollars, although given the guide price for a raw copy, I can see it going for over 100). I think you know this though, and were being funny.

893whatthe.gif

You guys realize that book was up for 1 1/2 hours before someone pulled the trigger on the BIN?

So, where was everybody?

I saw it a while before I posted it, looked through his other books, and then came back and just stared. Like I said, I still think it's a pricing issue and I don't need the hassle.

I remember one time seeing a VF FantasticFour #5 for a BIN of $9.99. Now that was a mistake and I took the BIN and let the seller know I'd saved him some hassle. He thanked me, but I kept getting emails from lamers accusing me of low-balling an obvious mistake and threatening me, etc.

So now when I see obvious errors by large dealers, I just pass on by.

Am I the only one that thinks...if you list it and the price is met that you are, theoretically, contractually bound to complete the transaction.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm with you, but as stated earlier , the seller can make some lame old excuse, refund the $$$ and the poor buyer can't even neg him !!!!

Once the buyer makes a purchase the seller has a contractual obligation to sell the product at that price even if it was a mistake. My friend sells backpacks for $30 to $60 and he accidentially had a BIN of $1. He honored that sale and sold it for a $1. Wolverine #10 CGC 9.8 I believe goes for around $99.

Am I the only one that thinks...if you list it and the price is met that you are, theoretically, contractually bound to complete the transaction.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You're not the only one. I made a mistake on an auction once. Same thing, put an erroneous BIN. Someone popped it, I lost $100, but I honored my part and sent him the book. I would've felt a wee bit better had he not been so self-congratulatory in his email, and bragged about flipping it, but so it goes. It happens.

Forget that, ToyWiz sold an ASM 135 CGC 9.4 for 25 dollars. lol

I sat on that one for 5 minutes or so before I hit the BIN grin.gif, seemed to good a deal to be true (and things that are to good to be true usually are). REALLY low price on that ASM 135. See what happens, already did the checkout and paypal thing cool.gif