• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I get caught in the crossfire?

53 posts in this topic

Sorry POV, you're mixing up commonly-accepted terms like nobody's business, and I think you know it.

The difference between Originals, First Prints/Editions and Reprints is pretty cut-and-dried.

Sorry POV, you're mixing up commonly-accepted terms like nobody's business, and I think you know it.

The difference between Originals, First Prints/Editions and Reprints is pretty cut-and-dried.

Joe - I know exactly what I am saying. I am not mixing up my terms. I am taking you at your face value,

And to address your "The difference between Originals, First Prints/Editions and Reprints" - Until that first PRINTING of a comic book, that particular object did NOT exist, even in the original art.

Bring your "original" argument over to movie poster collectors and see how long it lasts.

And you STILL are ignoring the whole "take it at physical materials value" that you started with.

Bring your "original" argument over to movie poster collectors and see how long it lasts.

No thanks, there are enough geeks on here. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Evasion.

Boredom, loss of a challenge.

No thanks, there are enough geeks on here. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Evasion.

Boredom, loss of a challenge.

What do you mean loss of challenge? You ignored the majority of my points and tried to seque things into a very narrow alley. I suggest you learn how to debate. It also entails addressing specific points made by the opposition, not just making definition shifts. (loss of challenge? right!)

::a single typo edit - from nit to not::

You sir, are seriously overestimating the importance of comics in a general sense.

We're on a comic-board. I'm not talking about its significance in a general sense, I'm talking about within the context of the hobby.

We were having a comic debate. I'm starting ot think that nothing can be said anymore without you debating it. And if you can't debate it in context, all of a sudden I'm overestimating the importance of comics, and creating a false sense of historical significance. 893blahblah.gif

C'mon man, chill out a little. Go get laid or something. We all know you're intelligent, so stop taking every opportunity to argue everything everyone says, no matter what they say. The fact is, I tend to agree with your posts probably more than most here, so un-clench a little on the whole "devils advocate" stance that you've taken.

Our second winner in the CGC Board Hall of Fame!

Ahhh - the final bastion ... emoticons. Have a good night Joe. Will let others here come to their own conclusions. After all, it is why we post here. Otherwise eveything would just be in PMs.

PS - any responses I make to your posts in other topics will be based on those posts with no rancor over this somewhat futile exercise.

::yeah yeah - typo edit::