• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets trade 35 cent variants

19 posts in this topic

Now that I am done with the 30 cent variant set, I am going to concentrate on narrowing down my 35 cent variant want list. I am looking for the following 35 cent variants:

Black Panther 4

Captain America 212

Captain America 213

Captain Marvel 52

Doctor Strange 23

Ghost Rider 26

Invaders 18

Marvel's Greatest Comics 73

Marvel Super Action 3

Marvel Super-Heroes 66

Marvel Tales 80

Marvel Tales 81

Marvel Tales 83

Marvel Tales 84

Marvel Triple Action 36

Master of Kung-Fu 57

Tomb of Dracula 60

2001: A Space Odyssey 10

yes, I need others, but thought I would start with these.....

I am looking for complete issues with decent eye appeal.

I have the following to trade:

Avengers 163

Champions 14

Champions 15

Conan 75

Conan 77

Conan 78

Daredevil 146

Daredevil 147

Defenders 48

Defenders 50

Ghost Rider 25

Godzilla 3 CGC 6.5

Incredible Hulk 215

Invaders 21

Iron Man 102 CGC 5.5

John Carter 2

John Carter 2

John Carter 3

John Carter 3

Marvel Premier 37

Marvel Presents 12

marvel Two In One 28

marvel Two In One 31 CGC 7.5

MOKF 56

Ms Marvel 7

Nova 10

Nova 13

Tarzan 3

Tarzan 4

Thor 264

of course, if you want to just sell, that is OK too, just let me know.

Thanks for looking hi.gif

Do people still collect these things 893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gifhi.gif

Translation: Dang, I wish I still had some to sell. 27_laughing.gif

Sure why not? confused-smiley-013.gif But its a buyers market now. No more $250+ per book bidding wars. Unless you have 1 of the Big 15, your most likely looking at an average of $25-$40 each.

Unless you have 1 of the Big 15, your most likely looking at an average of $25-$40 each.

But I see virtually all comics turning into a "buyer's market" as time goes by, and the only difference is that the 30 and 35-cent variant transition was accelerated.

No big surprise there. confused-smiley-013.gif

Personally speaking, I think the popular super-hero ones like X-Men and Spider-man, even though they sell for more than your average, are still quite undervalued. After all, those have the most chance of breaking into the mass market, as opposed to some "variant collectors only" Western that guides for $5.

Edit: prices are still okay, but what used to be $100 is now $50-$60, and what was $200 is now $100-$120 - I haven't seen many sell for $25-$40 over the past month, and $50-$55 is probably the new average.

Unless you have 1 of the Big 15, your most likely looking at an average of $25-$40 each.

But I see virtually all comics turning into a "buyer's market" as time goes by, and the only difference is that the 30 and 35-cent variant transition was accelerated.

No big surprise there. confused-smiley-013.gif

Personally speaking, I think the popular super-hero ones like X-Men and Spider-man, even though they sell for more than your average, are still quite undervalued. After all, those have the most chance of breaking into the mass market, as opposed to some "variant collectors only" Western that guides for $5.

Edit: prices are still okay, but what used to be $100 is now $50-$60, and what was $200 is now $100-$120 - I haven't seen many sell for $25-$40 over the past month, and $50-$55 is probably the new average.

I haven't really been paying too much attention recently. I think we're going on 2 years ago when we found ours. I believe it was the tail end of the discovery period, where many books had never been seen by the ebay collector crowd. Books like the Kid Colt 218, and one or 2 of the Marvel Titles.

There was a direct relation in final auction price to who needed the book in the collection. If 2 or more of the "Big 3" buyers back then needed it, there was an excellent chance of going over $150. If not $30-$50 was normal even back then.

Spideys, Star Wars, Iron Fist 14, & X-men's will always hold value for obvious reasons. But your Thor 262 or Inhumans #12 won't be selling for crazy $$$ anymore.

I wonder what a Kid Colt 218 in vg would go for today?

Hey Vince--

Those two books are still all yours if you are still interested....

Sorry I kinda drifted away on that earlier email deal we had going, but as you know, things got a bit hectic for me.

I'll look over my books and see what I can figure out in terms of a trade.

"big 15"?

"big 3"?

you talking in code Jeff?

"big 15"

My personal top 15 35 centers. No code.

4 star wars

1 Iron Fist

5 westerns

2 war

1 scooby

1 flintstones

"big 3"

3 big players on ebay that would pay over $100 back when I was involved. Again no code, but I don't think names are appropriate.

"big 3"

3 big players on ebay that would pay over $100 back when I was involved. Again no code, but I don't think names are appropriate.

there were 4 stooges.gif

and I would pay $100 for one of your big 14......but I am not part of the big 3 or big 4.

and, all kidding aside--Jeff from finecomics rocks. Not only has he helped me out in the past, he was savvy enough to spot a motherlode of these things.

find some on my list dude--there are some common and easy ones there

Hey Vince--

Those two books are still all yours if you are still interested....

Sorry I kinda drifted away on that earlier email deal we had going, but as you know, things got a bit hectic for me.

I'll look over my books and see what I can figure out in terms of a trade.

no problem--they are yours--just email when you get a chance.

"big 15"

My personal top 15 35 centers. No code.

4 star wars

1 Iron Fist

5 westerns

2 war

1 scooby

1 flintstones

you also forgot three X-men books...... poke2.gif

the guy quit smoking recently, so his brain is off kilter somewhat

"big 3"

there were 4 stooges.gif

and I would pay $100 for one of your big 14......but I am not part of the big 3 or big 4.

who was the 4th? I sold over 100 of these stupid things and don't remember a 4th player. I'm talking over a $100 for a common.

and, all kidding aside--Jeff from finecomics rocks. Not only has he helped me out in the past, he was savvy enough to spot a motherlode of these things.

find some on my list dude--there are some common and easy ones there

You'd be the first person I tell. I find them every now and then, but its losing the initial high. sorry.gif