• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biggest Collection . Most Valuable Collection ???

49 posts in this topic

Ehh. I'm at his page right now, and just browsing the Amazing Spider-Man, I notice that almost EVERYTHING he's listed is fair, poor, good-. Nothing high grade (MAYBE a VF here and there).

Oh yeah, I'm referring back when he had VF/NM or higher Silver Marvel's falling out of the warehouse. During the 1988-90 period, he got some serious orders.. to say the least.

One caveat of Dolgoff - he doesn't have everything (really it's just a drop in the bucket) on his site. He helped me with my Batman run when with the issues I requested not a one was on the site. Send him your want list if you are interested.

DAM

Ehh. I'm at his page right now, and just browsing the Amazing Spider-Man, I notice that almost EVERYTHING he's listed is fair, poor, good-. Nothing high grade (MAYBE a VF here and there).

I remember in a previous thread, someone saying that he sometimes undergrades and you can end up w/ some pretty decent books. I've been contemplating ordering to check it out.

Harley Yee has NICE stuff on his page.

He sure does, but you are going to pay for it! I don't know if he sold any of his books to dealers before or after Philly show, but I was keeping an eye on his booth, and he didn't seem to have very much activity at his table. I checked out his stuff (as he does have somo of the nicest books), but he was always well over guide.

Chris

If you're talking sheer quantity, then I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mile High Comics. Chuck claims to have over 5 million comics in his inventory. Granted 98% of it is mostly 80s-90s garbage that hardly anyone wants, but they're still comics.

Yeh, I'd guess Chuck is way up there.. on Wizard's last "ticker" thing they said he buys 60,000 copies of ..I think it was Cross Gen titles..just to put into his warehouse.

Brian

If you're talking sheer quantity, then I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mile High Comics. Chuck claims to have over 5 million comics in his inventory. Granted 98% of it is mostly 80s-90s garbage that hardly anyone wants, but they're still comics.

WOW !! , How the Hell do you keep track of 5 millon comics ?

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

WOW !! , How the Hell do you keep track of 5 millon comics ? insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

Half a dozen high school/college students and an Informix database (I'm guessing about the brand) paid for by the heirs of Edgar Church. tongue.gif