• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clearest scan ever! Hands down, the winnah!

26 posts in this topic

Solomon Grundy, Bought it on Monday,

Scanned it on Tuesday,

Warped it on Wednesday,

Stretched it on Thursday,

Got Worse on Friday,

Scanner Died on Saturday,

NRU'd on Sunday.

That was the end of Solomon Grundy.

Look at the scan again. Is the image MOVING, or am I just really tired? I stared at the image for about 15 seconds.......and I saw a sailboat insane.gif

OK - no joke - I tried staring at it for several seconds and I SWEAR the title text started looking like HELP.

Look at the scan again. Is the image MOVING, or am I just really tired? I stared at the image for about 15 seconds.......and I saw a sailboat insane.gif

OK - no joke - I tried staring at it for several seconds and I SWEAR the title text started looking like HELP.

I wasn't kidding. There is something almost hypnotic about that scan. Subliminal advertising? If I wake up tomorrow morning to discover that I bid on that book........ 893frustrated.gif

I wasn't kidding. There is something almost hypnotic about that scan. Subliminal advertising? If I wake up tomorrow morning to discover that I bid on that book........ 893frustrated.gif

I wasn't kidding either. When I was a kid and shared a bedroom with my brother - gawd must have been in 1st grade or so - he had a pennant hanging on the wall. Forget the school but it was a black penant with an orangeish tiger's head (this was in early 50's - anyone recognize?). I swear when I started at that penant at night before going to sleep, the tiger's head would move from side to side and its jaws would open and close. VERY comforting for a wee lad to go to sleep to! grin.gif

I think I see a hand at the top center, with the finger pointing down into what mostly likely is a subscription crease. Stare closely, you can see it!

Also, if you drag the picture to your address bar, you'll notice that it's not just some wacked out html "size" setting that's wrong...the .jpg is really that size! Meaning, Solomon Grundy, when prompted during the selling phase "If everything looks correct, hit submit to begin the auction" really thought it was ok.

So...by doing THAT math, then his eyesight is just bad. The book, thus, is really a NM 9.4.

I triple DOG dare one of you to buy it now! insane.gif

with the finger pointing down into what mostly likely is a subscription crease. Stare closely, you can see it!

I see it! Also a few color-breaking spine creases and a hint of rust on the bottom of the top staple! grin.gif

How many times have you guys looked at the scan? I can't seem to get enough of it.....

Is it possible that the image has been CENSORED?(Can someone please post a BETTER scan of this book?)

I don't think I could do that scan justice; so here's a little something for your desktop background!

It's the "A" in Action...Simply a breathtaking work of art.

a.jpg

I don't think I could do that scan justice; so here's a little something for your desktop background!

a.jpg

It is kind of relaxing...... cloud9.gif

I cant believe that thing!!!! I burst out laughing!

how can anyone post an image like that and expect to be taken seriously?

he could have redrawn it in crayon from memory and conveyed a better representation of the comic!

a.jpg

looks like a modern art painting that everyone says that "their kid could paint!"