• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SciFi Expo in Plano, TX on July 8-9

10 posts in this topic

This show is actually pretty decent. I went yesterday and am going back today. There are several comic dealers, and they all had decent selections. I got several books I wanted and then me and my gf sat in for Ray Park's Q and A. He was pretty entertaining, and even gave us a lengthy saber demo after an audience member ran out to his car to get a saber staff for him. It's definitely worth the time, especially since it's totally free.

Yeah, for being a free show I was actually pretty surprised by the number of comic dealers, very surprised is more like it.

I picked up a few TPB's for half of cover price, which is always the way to go at these types of shows.

I picked up a few 1988 series Wolverine books I needed, some 80's Wolverine one-shots and recent variants, first appearances of Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister, some various $1 books, and full runs of New Mutants Vol. 1 and Rom which were all in this guy's 0.10 bins and in decent shape. I also got some free Wolverine books for helping this dealer with a bad back carry some long boxes to his car.