• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Subscriptions Mailing Damage -- Better Service Somewhere?

6 posts in this topic

This is oh-so-frustrating. I have been subscribing through Marvel to a few comics for years now and rarely had any problems whatsoever with my comics arriving in poor condition. Once or twice they might show up with a slight bend but that could be easily *pressed* out (oh dear, have I opened a can of worms here) but otherwise were in fantastic condition. Recently, however, it seems like every few months a comic is showing up with a rather upsetting problems. For example, an issue of Fantastic Four arrived with several tears punched in the side. I chalked it up to a one time problem. But there have been some other problems, mostly a severely bent corner. Today, the current issue of FF arrived with a massive crease about two inches in from the corner and the corner itself was bent.

I considered contacting Marvel about the earlier FF issue and I considered it again today. But it is not their issue -- it is my post office. Would it be worth going through the effort of contacting Marvel and then filling out that form with my post office or is there another subscription service that either protects their books better? I am also thinking about trying to get a local comic shop to hold issues for me. The problem is two-fold: I only subscribe to a few comics and I do not get out to the either of the comic shops near me that often.

In retrospect, I think I just needed a place to vent. I am heading out to one of the stores in my area tomorrow and I will probably pick up a new copy of the FF comic and ask about getting books held.