• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JP The Mint. Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?!?!?

96 posts in this topic

Well I may have played some small role in the conspiracy, but in a good way! I sold 101 DC Mile Highs to Greg Manning that year, who in turn sold most of them to JP. In that block were large chunks of the Boy Commandos, More Fun, All Flash and Action MH runs, Adventure, Leading, Star Spangled, Green Lantern and Flash to a lesser degree. a few copies of WW, Sensation, Comic Cavalcade and W Finest were included as well.

I think the market may have been flooded for a minute or two, but most of it seems to have been absorbed. I'm not sure how much JP has left in hs inventory (he seems to be stagnite at the monent).

None of the books were graded and I was way beyond scarred sending 1/2 Million in books to CGC, but it had to be done. Luckily all went as planned. 4 of the 101 books came back with some light repairs, 2 of which I already knew about. One of them was listed as TRIMMED by CGC, but about a year later I saw it in a blue label with no notes. I thought that was strange!

Luckily I was paid off before Manning closed it's doors to comics.

Timely

When you pay top dollar and charge top dollar..you'd be surprised what you can buy.

But we have the coinees to thank for him buying all these comics..

Brian

That was his formula for failure[in comics anyway]

What ever happened to this guy? Did he retire? Go back to what he knows ? Coins

When you pay top dollar and charge top dollar..you'd be surprised what you can buy.

But we have the coinees to thank for him buying all these comics..

Brian

That was his formula for failure[in comics anyway]

What ever happened to this guy? Did he retire? Go back to what he knows ? Coins

Weren't they both victims of the BH phenomena?

None of the books were graded and I was way beyond scarred sending 1/2 Million in books to CGC, but it had to be done. Luckily all went as planned. 4 of the 101 books came back with some light repairs, 2 of which I already knew about. One of them was listed as TRIMMED by CGC, but about a year later I saw it in a blue label with no notes. I thought that was strange!

Timely

893scratchchin-thumb.gif West, now that you're on the inside, what say you about this "strange" event? popcorn.gif

You asked what the B.H was? I was answering it.

No, I was asking who were the "both" victims of the BH phenomena. Since BH was JP's buying agent, I don't think he could be a victim of his own phenomena. In fact, I'm pretty sure that he was one of the few winners (along with DK).

No, I was asking who were the "both" victims of the BH phenomena. Since BH was JP's buying agent, I don't think he could be a victim of his own phenomena. In fact, I'm pretty sure that he was one of the few winners (along with DK).

Yeah, but don't forget about QM, TT, and HZ. Especially not HZ, that smug mother 893censored-thumb.gif. Why I once told HZ that if he . . . oh never mind. FY would kill me if I told that story.

I'm pretty sure the other in "both" was Manning - though you could throw a West Coast auction house on the list also.

And don't forget MB as one of the winners there at the end.

Yeah, but don't forget about QM, TT, and HZ. Especially not HZ, that smug mother 893censored-thumb.gif. Why I once told HZ that if he . . . oh never mind. FY would kill me if I told that story.

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

27_laughing.gif

Don't forget STFU! stooges.gif

Timely

893scratchchin-thumb.gif West, now that you're on the inside, what say you about this "strange" event? popcorn.gif

juggle.gif